Viewing 15 posts - 11,446 through 11,460 (of 39,936 total)
OK, but don't over commit.
If I don't hear from you in 3-4 weeks, I'll bump this for someone else.
February 5, 2014 at 10:56 am
Yes. We usually recommend dedicated databases so schema changes from one developer don't break another's work, but it does fine with shared databases. The objects changed by other developers will...
February 5, 2014 at 10:40 am
I need a coat today.
The back porch: 
February 5, 2014 at 10:38 am
Yeah, most of the tools are integrated with the developers' actions. However, this is what VS requires. They make commits manually in VS. If they don't, or they don't add...
February 5, 2014 at 10:34 am
Are you trying to get the CREATE statement checked into TFS every night? I'm not sure why you do this. Really you only check in changes, so you'd just be...
February 5, 2014 at 9:53 am
SQLRNNR (2/4/2014)
From looking at a few...
February 5, 2014 at 9:44 am
Hmmm, you're subscribed. I'll ask if someone can check.
February 5, 2014 at 9:42 am
nique (2/5/2014)
I get the daily every day but I haven't had the weekly for months! I am in the UK.
Do you mean Database Weekly?
February 5, 2014 at 9:34 am
Feel free. I've set a reminder to check these every 3 weeks, so I'll bump this if I don't hear from you.
February 5, 2014 at 9:30 am
Jo Pattyn (2/5/2014)
Does there exist some form of datatiering within a database in ms sql server? Like moving popular data to faster disk (automagically?)
No. People tend to use partitioning here,...
February 5, 2014 at 9:28 am
We're experimenting with this in place of the editorial once every couple weeks, just to see how it goes.
Glad you liked it.
February 5, 2014 at 9:17 am
Good lists, and I agree with most of them. I also agree with Jeff. If Microsoft bothered to "do it right" with many of these features, I suspect more and...
February 3, 2014 at 9:21 am
Andy Leonard (1/31/2014)
January 31, 2014 at 4:33 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 11,446 through 11,460 (of 39,936 total)