Geeky Entertainment

• I don't think it could be a movie - maybe a HBO show or something - but I'd love to see the Foundation series adapted well. Tricky one mind you.

• jasona.work (2/28/2014)

I'd love to see a couple (OK, a lot) of books made into movies (heck some might be better as a mini-series on TV)

The Posleen War series (quite a few books, not listing all of them) - John Ringo

I

f you liked the Posleen War series you would probably like the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. But either of these would be better as a TV series. Some of the books are thick.

----------------
    Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.

• Jim P. (2/28/2014)

jasona.work (2/28/2014)

I'd love to see a couple (OK, a lot) of books made into movies (heck some might be better as a mini-series on TV)

The Posleen War series (quite a few books, not listing all of them) - John Ringo

I

f you liked the Posleen War series you would probably like the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. But either of these would be better as a TV series. Some of the books are thick.

I actually left of the Honor Harrington books (got almost all of them so far) because there's talk of adapting the second book, "Honor of the Queen" to a movie already.

😀

Article I read on it (I'll try to find it tonight) indicated that after looking at the first book, speaking with David Weber, they decided the second would work better as a movie.

• I think a mini-series based on Arthur C. Clarke's four "Rendezvous with Rama" novels would be interesting, so long as it's not a low budget Syfy Channel job, and if they plan it out properly to conclude from beginning to end in a single season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• call.copse (2/28/2014)

I don't think it could be a movie - maybe a HBO show or something - but I'd love to see the Foundation series adapted well. Tricky one mind you.

I can't see it translating to a movie - a TV series would probably fit better.

Oh and don't let the producer of I Robot anywhere near it. I prefer that movies of books actually resemble the book.

Would love to see the Flinx novels by Alan Dean Foster or David Brin's Uplift War done though.

• It would be almost impossible to do but I would really like to see what someone could do with Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions just to see how it could be done. This would appeal to my more off the wall taste. It definitely lack material for 90 minutes so would have to be a short.

As for comic adaptations I have already been completely devastated how Watchman was ruined. V for Vendetta was not as good as it could have been but was a reasonable attempt. I'd rather stick to good adaptations whether they be of the "popcorn" variety, like Marvel, or something more serious.

...oh and if whoever has my Mystery Men DVD is reading this then please do return it!!!

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• The Silmarillion, although it would be incredibly difficult to pull off properly, even if the Tolkien Estate allowed it. Which, after what was done with The Lord of the Rings, appears unlikely.

• For many years the only books I've longed, really longed, for someone to make movies of, are:

Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" trilogy

Robert Heinlein's "The Door Into Summer"

The latter is not as well known, but IMO it's a superlative time travel yarn -- no paradoxes remaining at the end! -- with romance too.

• wodom (2/28/2014)

...Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" trilogy

I was about to say Foundation but you beat me to it. However, I'm not holding my breath. There's so much money involved in movies now that few studios are willing to take risks. Everything has to be tried and trusted, everything has to be a remake/reboot/rehash/remix of some kind.

Hakim Ali
    www.sqlzen.com

• They are working on the Snow Crash movie right now, should be out in 2015 or 2016 if all goes well.

I love the Anita Blake series and it happens in my home town so that is even better. There is also a few self published books on Amazon that are amazing and I would love to see.

Confessions of a D-List Supervillian

Wearing the Cape series

Poor Mans War

and many more.

• I always wanted to see the Dragonlance Chronicles trilogy turned into movies.

• I've been enjoying the Game Of Thrones television series. It follows the story and characters of the books good enough, and the production and actors are great.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• Wonder Woman!! Linda Carter is still hot.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• Eric M Russell (2/28/2014)

I've been enjoying the Game Of Thrones television series. It follows the story and characters of the books good enough, and the production and actors are great.

+1...The new season can't get here soon enough!

• SQLRNNR (2/27/2014)

I would like to see Daniel Suarez's book Daemon turned into a movie.

That would be quite a thriller. I need to pick up his new one.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply