Viewing 15 posts - 10,846 through 10,860 (of 39,936 total)
The permissions should be the same. The GUI, whether it issue PoSh or T-SQL, is just asking the services to perform a backup.
Likely something is being done differently between the...
August 21, 2014 at 8:13 am
Reporting this to the staff. Not sure what's going on.
August 21, 2014 at 8:04 am
A snapshot is like another database, but it doesn't allow you to backup/restore.
As Jack mentioned, a backup is probably a better choice for bringing things up to date. Otherwise you...
August 20, 2014 at 8:29 am
The problem is that far too many of us travel for work. Leaving a laptop/cell phone behind isn't an option.
August 20, 2014 at 8:14 am
You can grant rights on the certificates to users. Without rights, they can't open it and use it for decryption/encryption.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/lcris/archive/2005/06/10/sql-server-2005-column-encryption-demo-part-2.aspx
August 19, 2014 at 9:11 pm
Those names are added.
Actually, as an FYI, you only need to report one post from a user. Once we get the name, we ban the user immediately.
August 19, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Sean Lange (8/19/2014)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/19/2014)
August 19, 2014 at 12:43 pm
I've also set our "remove all posts by person xx" job to every 5 minutes, which will help.
Unfortunately, I really need some front end development that will ignore some of...
August 19, 2014 at 12:42 pm
Scientist v engineer. I could see why some people prefer the latter, but that's a little pedantic. Plus it didn't flow off the tongue as well.
I think I got...
August 19, 2014 at 12:41 pm
Gary Varga (8/19/2014)
vliet (8/19/2014)
...It is not the lack of skills, or indifference, but the lack of money that drives program quality to the current all time lows...
I agree that is...
August 19, 2014 at 12:36 pm
We are aware of the issue. When we see SPAM, we ban the account, and all posts get deleted, but it does take a little time.
I have escalated this as...
August 19, 2014 at 12:28 pm
hakim.ali (8/19/2014)
Thanks for the thought-provoking article Steve.
cheers
August 19, 2014 at 8:12 am
FYI, here's the explanation from MS:
Some of the columns that contain pre-defined strings (like types, system description, constants) are always fixed to a specific collation – Latin1_General_CI_AS_KS_WS. This is irrespective...
August 19, 2014 at 8:04 am
I won't be taking Peyton Manning again this year. I was sooooooo glad I passed on him for Cam Newton last year </sarcasm>
August 18, 2014 at 9:58 am
I'd agree with Jason. Enlarge your tempdb log. 47MB is small and space is relatively cheap. It's not worth these errors.
I'd probably grow to 1GB and monitor the space usage...
August 18, 2014 at 9:03 am
Viewing 15 posts - 10,846 through 10,860 (of 39,936 total)