Smooth Database Deployment at SQL in the City 2014

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Smooth Database Deployment at SQL in the City 2014

• Well, I have learned to check my calendar before booking holidays now. I wanted to attend SQL Bits in Telford (less than 25 miles from my doorstep) but was abroad taking an essential break. Now the next opportunity is 150 miles away on a day I cannot make it.

In case anyone is considering going then, from what I have heard, these events are really worth your time. As someone who did a MSc (via the OU so not some dodgy Internet pay and print degree ;-)) totally remotely, only communicating via email and post except one mandatory face to face meeting with the dissertation supervisor, I have been persuaded over time that personal attendance can be very beneficial.

For me the £50 fee wouldn't be a big issue and I can understand that it has been introduced to combat the people who register then don't attend because they have literally nothing to lose. I really hope that it doesn't put anyone off (there is a free ticket option for those who qualify).

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!

• crussell-931424 (8/26/2014)

Too bad if wasn't cost effective to come to some of the smaller communities (relatively speaking) such as Boise, Idaho.

We need a SQL Saturday in Boise! If you get one, we might do a seminar there. I'd certainly like to come.

• Read the editorial, followed the links to see what the agenda would be for the SQL in Seattle meeting. I think it might be interesting to attend. I am checking with another on staff to see what the level of interest might be.

M.

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

• I'm not sure the best way to address this, other than to ask if you have a formula for how often you put a press release in the editorial slot?

• No, though it wasn't supposed to be a press release. It was an editorial that I wrote about the events, and what we'll be talking about.

• I am debating going. I work on an ERP system so our shop is small with only 1 real SQL Instance. Not sure if there is enough bang for the buck (in this case my time). I am going to PASS though which starts that week in Seattle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply