Viewing 15 posts - 10,696 through 10,710 (of 39,936 total)
There's nothing right or wrong about aliasing. It's preference.
I try to use them often, because I find many queries quickly get complex and it's much harder for me to read:
select...
September 25, 2014 at 9:48 am
edwardwill (9/25/2014)
Can you explain why you aliased the sys.syscolumns table?
SELECT TOP 10RAND( ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY id))
FROM sys.syscolumns
is functionally identical, as far as I am aware.
habit
September 25, 2014 at 8:45 am
Andrew G (9/24/2014)
SQL 2000: Error 'Row_Number' is not a recognized function name.SQL 2005 to 2012: 10 distinct rows returned, answer should be C.
you should never expect any of our questions...
September 24, 2014 at 10:23 pm
Arrggg, wrong box checked.
10 is correct. I'll award back points tomorrow.
September 24, 2014 at 10:23 pm
You are NOT going to win. change your avatar now, get one where I'm not smiling.
September 24, 2014 at 9:39 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (9/23/2014)
jcrawf02 (9/23/2014)
September 24, 2014 at 9:00 am
You'd have to write code that builds this string and passes it in. I'm not sure how you're calling this, but you'd need a wrapper that queries your databases, builds...
September 24, 2014 at 8:22 am
Dan Guzman-481633 (9/23/2014)
September 23, 2014 at 8:53 am
SQL!$@w$0ME (9/23/2014)
http://sqlity.net/en/2460/sql-password-hash/This article says sha1 from sql2000 and sha_512 from sql 2012.
That may be true. It hasn't been documented AFAIK or disclosed by MS, but perhaps it is SHA2_512. That...
September 23, 2014 at 8:50 am
GilaMonster (9/23/2014)
Koen Verbeeck (9/23/2014)
There is a sync job for the points, so I think we'll get our points back in a matter of time.
That job runs every hour, so if...
September 23, 2014 at 8:42 am
Sean Lange (9/23/2014)
I will just leave this here.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
September 23, 2014 at 8:39 am
Blue Mancunian (9/22/2014)
Thanks, Steve.
But do you agree "if extra databases/load been put on to a SQL Server, the existing database performance will certainly more or less be affected."?
Will TempDB...
September 22, 2014 at 7:27 pm
This isn't disclosed as it would be a security issue for the platform if someone were to be able to duplicate this.
September 22, 2014 at 1:45 pm
I usually answer that ultimately it's a guess, and we might need to experiment because it's hard to measure workload. I can get avg CPU needs, space needs, memory footprint,...
September 22, 2014 at 10:04 am
September 22, 2014 at 10:01 am
Viewing 15 posts - 10,696 through 10,710 (of 39,936 total)