Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 10,471 through 10,485 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Grant ddl access to a schema

    grant alter on the schema to a role and then grant create table/view/proc to the role.

    Add users to the role.

  • RE: Indexes

    Clustered index is a book. The works in the order in the book are the index. Nonclustered indexes are the index in the back of the book. Selected...

  • RE: How Often Does Production Drift?

    Andrew..Peterson (11/24/2014)


    So, how does this tool, SQL Lighthouse, differ from RedGate's tool that does a comparison between databases? It is really just a comparison tool, right. Or does...

  • RE: How Often Does Production Drift?

    Iwas Bornready (11/24/2014)


    I'm a little confused. If you are talking about changes to production outside of a normal release, then this certainly is high risk, unless it goes through the...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Yep, hundreds of spam posts and I realize its frustrating. Believe me, since I end up managing them on the weekends, its annoying.

    And VPN is down, so I can't even...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I'm not sure it's completely backwards. Hundreds of messages are being deleted.

    The problem on Fri/Sat is that we get thousands of messages, and dozens of new accounts created to submit...

  • RE: Real World T-SQL Tricks

    lshanahan (11/21/2014)


    I've read up on them (don't remember if I read Paul's article, but I will check it out), but to understand something I really have to sit down and...

  • RE: Real World T-SQL Tricks

    David McKinney (11/21/2014)


    As for TRY...CONVERT, Steve's obviously thinking back to his rugby playing days!

    Ireland / Australia tomorrow btw....come on Ireland!! 😛

    Indeed, though I was neither of those things. I was...

  • RE: The SQL Server Container

    Gary Varga (11/20/2014)


    I would suggest only allowing remote PowerShell sessions as a default position for operational duties. If the GUI is needed it must be justified. Not knowing how to...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Good luck to Koen (I voted for you), but please don't game the system with multiple votes from something like InPrivate Browsing.

    It's just a crappy way to treat these things....

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    HanShi (11/20/2014)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/17/2014)


    Not sure what went wrong this weekend. The spam process should kill everything within an hour, so I've asked to track down what's going...

  • RE: Achievement Unlocked: Balance 0

    jay-h (11/20/2014)


    It seems every year I'm running up with the problem of being in mid summer and I still have too many days to take. So I find myself planning...

  • RE: Achievement Unlocked: Balance 0

    Ed Wagner (11/20/2014)


    I figure my daughter will only be 12 once in her life. After that, it's gone forever. You can call me mushy, but I choose to...

  • RE: Achievement Unlocked: Balance 0

    Gary Varga (11/20/2014)


    Freelancers often are concerned that every day off is a day unpaid when you could be sitting at home without work at any time.

    I see this a...

  • RE: How is schema ownership determined for a new database?

    Someone must have changed it in model. As to whether it will break anything? No way to know. It's unlikely, but be prepared to respond to this and let your...

Viewing 15 posts - 10,471 through 10,485 (of 39,936 total)