Viewing 15 posts - 9,886 through 9,900 (of 39,936 total)
RonKyle (5/4/2015)
Why or how does this matter?
It makes the database a little more robust because isolating the system tables from the data tables and indexes reduces the chance that the...
May 4, 2015 at 9:24 am
jonathan.crawford (5/1/2015)
Jeff Moden (5/1/2015)
May 2, 2015 at 4:38 pm
Your question or post doesn't really have context or make sense.
May 2, 2015 at 12:34 pm
Eric M Russell (5/1/2015)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/1/2015)
david.gugg (5/1/2015)
May 1, 2015 at 9:54 am
Looks like security issues. Note that the SQL Agent has to have rights here. The Network Service account doesn't necessarily have rights to get to the files you're working with.
Can...
May 1, 2015 at 9:52 am
The error gives you the problem. You need features enabled on the remote machine.
SQL Server is an application that runs inside Windows. As such, it doesn't have access to...
May 1, 2015 at 9:46 am
If someone is sending you a string and you want to use it as a part of a WHERE clause, you'll need to be sure you use dynamic SQL in...
May 1, 2015 at 9:42 am
1TB, but how big on average? The average size matters more for performance and issues.
If these aren't read often, I might also try to compress them.
May 1, 2015 at 9:32 am
david.gugg (5/1/2015)
May 1, 2015 at 9:31 am
I'm in.
FF for 2015 won't be until Aug, so no real hurry. I think Yahoo is hoping for traffic based on the NFL draft.
May 1, 2015 at 9:28 am
You have to use a T-SQL command. That can be wrapped inside an SMO/PoSh script, but that's what's needed. Shawn has given you a few ways to do that, but...
April 30, 2015 at 10:29 am
I don't like dashboards for storing this stuff. What I'd do is use a process that grabs the backup info and drops it in a small db in Express. That...
April 30, 2015 at 10:27 am
Perry is correct. The hierarchy on an instance is
SMK
- encrypts DMK (master)
- encrypts certificate in master (can be multiples here for different dbs)
...
April 30, 2015 at 10:26 am
I'll drop a note on Twitter, but I doubt it. All the CAS systems I've seen in the past were very, very expensive. As in $100k/appliance. Not something many people...
April 30, 2015 at 10:24 am
Viewing 15 posts - 9,886 through 9,900 (of 39,936 total)