Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,871 through 9,885 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Idempotent

    Yet Another DBA (5/6/2015)


    Been writing my release scripts like this for years. Like you I didnt know there was a specific term for it.

    As one co-worker said: "write it like...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jasona.work (5/5/2015)


    Anyone want to see if we can get Steve to spin up a sub-forum just for discussing SQL STIGs?

    😉

    Isn't this the forum?

  • RE: Can Auditing Fail?

    I'd argue auditing needs to be in the database when it affects data or legal requirements. App logging certainly should always be included.

  • RE: Complete Definitions

    RonKyle (5/5/2015)


    I'm with Gail, somewhat on this. It's not that I think it's harder for me to restore or recover, but it is slightly less readable and confusing. That's the...

  • RE: Removal of BLOBs from the database

    Thanks, and no worries.

    Compression could still help you, but you'd have to have the clients do it if you move to standard edition. Not sure it's worth the effort there,...

  • RE: Server Logins

    Jeff Moden (5/4/2015)


    I don't understand why anyone would need to do this through PowerShell. Can someone who actually had such a need please explain? I'm looking for someone...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2015

    I set the placeholder, but didn't commit.

    I'm in.

  • RE: Can Auditing Fail?

    Eric M Russell (5/5/2015)


    In most scenarios the auditing operation should be done asynchonously, if possible, for performance reasons. But you can't do that if the auditing operation is bundled within...

  • RE: Can Auditing Fail?

    arr.nagaraj (5/4/2015)


    Guess I am that "someone" whose auditing requirements surprised you 😀

    one of the needs for auditing to be async is, in most of the shops, the infrastructure...

  • RE: Complete Definitions

    I'm with Gail, somewhat on this. It's not that I think it's harder for me to restore or recover, but it is slightly less readable and confusing. That's the concern...

  • RE: Numeric Data Types

    The explanation has been corrected. Thanks

  • RE: Is It Time to Upgrade?

    David.Poole (5/3/2015)


    The thing that was overlooked was that outsourced staff are just like us. They want to get their hands on the new toys. Would you accept a...

  • RE: Complete Definitions

    RonKyle (5/4/2015)


    If you have EE, I tend to agree that moving stuff out of the Primary file group makes some sense. However, for most of the databases and instances, I'm...

  • RE: Server Logins

    Xavon (5/4/2015)


    Interesting question.

    But I am disappointed the QotD was not May the 4th related.

    sorry, too busy and didn't think of it. Anyone want to send me one for next year...

  • RE: Rename Logical Filenames

    Take it, Shawn.

    I think showing it a few ways would be good as it's likely a short one.

Viewing 15 posts - 9,871 through 9,885 (of 39,936 total)