Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,856 through 9,870 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: backup job fails with this error.

    Don't see the attachment.

  • RE: Named Pipe Changes

    I suspect most of you never change this, or have the need. I haven't done it since v6.5, but ran into a question recently on how to do it,...

  • RE: vNext 2016

    Sean Redmond (5/8/2015)


    At this point in time, I feel that all of Microsoft's marketing about In-Memory-OLTP is disingenuous.

    What I would like to see in SQL Server 2016 In-Memory OLTP is:

    ...

    Microsoft,...

  • RE: How Virtualized?

    DBA_Rob (5/8/2015)


    About 80% virtual, but unlike many of the others that posted so far, our virtual environment is certainly worse performance than physical. Here we overload the virtual so...

  • RE: How Virtualized?

    PhilipC (5/8/2015)


    0%

    for this reason " it's the human concerns or lack of confidence that prevents virtualization."

    Senior Management at the company I work for just ignore the fact of visualization and...

  • RE: How Virtualized?

    bazmunro (5/7/2015)


    100%

    That's the truth.

    Nice. Any metric on absolute numbers? 1 or 1000?

  • RE: vNext 2016

    Michael Meierruth (5/7/2015)


    Care to give us a hint on which feature we 'may NOT like'?

    I suspect it's that different features will not appeal to different people. For example, the JSON...

  • RE: Idempotent

    Bradley Deem (5/6/2015)


    Unfortunately, I don't have a SQL Server example, but here's the code in Oracle using SQLPLus. The key to this solution is to carry the upgrade version in...

  • RE: Removal of BLOBs from the database

    DBA From The Cold (5/6/2015)


    Yep, the data in the BLOBs is data retained "just in case". It has nothing to do with the day to day application operations.

    I'm definitely leaning...

  • RE: Idempotent

    Just as a general call, if anyone is interested in sharing how they do this for specific code, perhaps an example of how you handle data, config, table changes, etc....

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    This is the DBA Stig

  • RE: BUILDing the Future

    For sure. I've been enjoying some of the live streaming of sessions at BUILD (last week) and Ignite (this week). Almost wish I was there, but glad I wasn't traveling.

  • RE: Central Management Servers

    I'll reverse points on this one. I was trying to word as adding all the machines the same way. Adding some as SQLSales and some as 10.10.34.56 doesn't make sense....

  • RE: Idempotent

    Gary Varga (5/6/2015)


    This also applies to application code. Not just scripts. I use this technique in stored procedures too.

    Examples? Want to share in an article, Gary?

  • RE: Idempotent

    Bradley Deem (5/6/2015)


    I've been writing idempotent scripts for years. However, even that's not the best defense against a script run twice. I've found it's more economical to write a guard...

Viewing 15 posts - 9,856 through 9,870 (of 39,936 total)