Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,796 through 9,810 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Survey DB Schema

    Sounds like you have a good idea of what's needed and what's required.

    Good luck.

    If you want to write up some of this, talk about what/why you did things and made...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    It's nice having the kids get older. While I was on a call, my wife texted to ask if I could bring something to her a few ranches down the...

  • RE: Default Endpoint Encryption

    SQLRNNR (5/21/2015)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/21/2015)


    Lovely, isn't it? The deprecated algorithm is the default.

    You're not surprised are you?:cool:

    I wish I could say yes, but that would be disingenuous.

  • RE: Survey DB Schema

    You are welcome and my pleasure, and I wasn't implying your design was wrong. Just that I saw a few holes based on how I'd view the system.

    If it works...

  • RE: Naming Confusion

    Eric M Russell (5/21/2015)


    Why is including location in server name important for some?

    This used to be important for us because we often physically rebooted servers. It was helpful to know...

  • RE: Naming Confusion

    phegedusich (5/21/2015)


    We have thousands of servers. Each is named after a random six-character word. Each is provisioned in the domain to which it makes sense (prod, dev, etc.).

    Why, you...

  • RE: Naming Confusion

    call.copse (5/21/2015)


    I too have seen all these styles used - Star Wars or Star Trek characters, simple numeric, suffix and prefix. Often mixed up as the administrators decide on one...

  • RE: Columnstore efficiencies

    You may be correct, Hugo. However I think this is a case of there not really being a term available generally and we have different people at MS making up...

  • RE: Default Endpoint Encryption

    Lovely, isn't it? The deprecated algorithm is the default.

  • RE: SQL Developer Skills

    I'd learn to rebuild reports, trying different queries, and complex structures. Work on windowing functions, and learn to write queries that can easily summarize your data in new ways. Find...

  • RE: SSMS's intelliSense

    Disclosure: I work for Red Gate.

    If you want to get Prompt and show it helps, I'd get some queries you normally write, and time the effort in Intellisense to reproduce...

  • RE: Survey DB Schema

    I'm late, but a few flaws. One, your questions table doesn't allow for separate surveys. If someone has a new survey they want, or change one, you can't "version" yours,...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I'm certainly pretending

  • RE: How can I give permissions to specific schema only for a user?

    Shouldn't, but I'd need to test in SQL Azure. AFAIK, this means the user can only create tables in schemas they can control or access. If I create a new...

  • RE: How can I give permissions to specific schema only for a user?

    Ah, didn't realize this was Azure SQL Database.

    Setuser merely lets me change context. You could use two connections here. One does the granting of permissions as dbo/sa and the other...

Viewing 15 posts - 9,796 through 9,810 (of 39,936 total)