Viewing 15 posts - 9,271 through 9,285 (of 39,936 total)
xsevensinzx (9/28/2015)
September 28, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Jeff Moden (9/27/2015)
First, I loved your observations in the article. It takes so little time to "test-as-you-go" that I don't understand why more people don't do it. To wit,...
September 28, 2015 at 3:05 pm
tbailey 19088 (9/28/2015)
This rename can be done using sp_dropserver and sp_addserver @local='local.
I tested this on one of my development boxes that had only a single, default-named instance. First, I ran...
September 28, 2015 at 3:03 pm
The server is on Mountain Time (GMT-7) if I remember? I think we left it that way because we had things scheduled based on this zone.
As noted, you change this...
September 28, 2015 at 3:01 pm
Well, I had a break out day, without starting Freeman, who had done nothing to that point. If only this had been my week 1 score....
September 28, 2015 at 12:06 pm
The error log is impractical. You'd be reading the entire log every 5 mninutes, trying to sort through text entries.
September 26, 2015 at 11:53 am
That would be cool if you have something. It's a neat idea, especially as using something like SCOM is more like a .44 against houseflies.
September 25, 2015 at 2:15 pm
Personally, as I get older, I don't want a cannon. Hard on the wrists and arms.
September 25, 2015 at 1:08 pm
Moving to the SQL 2012 forum. This was posted in SQL 2000.
In 2012, you might be able to do something with xEvents and a trigger when you get xx logins...
September 25, 2015 at 12:25 pm
erichansen1836 (9/25/2015)
another to the other MDB file. DO you still...
September 25, 2015 at 12:13 pm
One thing you might try is using row_number or some other counter based on the rows to retrieve only the PKs needed for that set of data. Then join that...
September 25, 2015 at 8:27 am
jasona.work (9/25/2015)
Hmm. Maybe we need to Godwin that topic, and bring in a comparison somehow to the Fuehrer?...
September 25, 2015 at 8:04 am
The tables are stored in pages, and those in extents. Those get allocated, and depending on the way they're allocated and data is added/deleted, it's possible the allocations don't match....
September 25, 2015 at 7:48 am
Ross.Sp (9/24/2015)
September 25, 2015 at 7:47 am
We've put together some learning links for you if you want to learn more about this (or other) new feature(s).
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Dynamic+Data+Masking/127554/
September 25, 2015 at 7:45 am
Viewing 15 posts - 9,271 through 9,285 (of 39,936 total)