Viewing 15 posts - 9,286 through 9,300 (of 39,936 total)
From an audit/risk perspective, yes, they can read data in a diff file, as noted.
In terms of mitigating risk, you can use encryption, which isn't perfect, but nothing is. However...
September 25, 2015 at 7:32 am
As Lowell noted, the procs will be in sys.objects. They'll see them in SSMS. AFAIK, you can't hide that.
September 25, 2015 at 7:28 am
I think, searching memory here, that you could get SELECT privileges to the job tables and grant them. However that might mean the person could only query.
As far as DTS,...
September 25, 2015 at 7:26 am
There's the SP_OA procedures, but they would contain similar risks. Is this SQL 2000? If so, then the risk is that someone will run some malicious code on the Windows...
September 25, 2015 at 7:23 am
The immediate risk is that you write a poor query and delete the wrong data.
September 25, 2015 at 7:19 am
There's no logic in SQL Server for this. You'd need something to scan the SQL log and send you an alert. However, you'll need to define this. Do you mean...
September 25, 2015 at 7:18 am
Do you mean a tally table?
Search "tally table" here for Jeff Moden's article on building one.
September 25, 2015 at 7:16 am
erichansen1836 (9/24/2015)
Lets use MDB files then for the RESTORE LOG as well as the database.
an MDB file (new one daily) with no indexes and no OBJECTS except for one TABLE...
September 24, 2015 at 1:22 pm
erichansen1836 (9/24/2015)
Steve, can you put your question in one sentence or two please.
There is no question, just observations on what you've described.
Lets use MDB files then for the RESTORE LOG...
September 24, 2015 at 12:15 pm
erichansen1836 (9/24/2015)
but there are no shortage of instances in the SQL Server/MySQL/Oracle/other RDBMS world where people have had issues because they depended on application logic to maintain data integrity and...
September 24, 2015 at 12:12 pm
I can see how you view subjects as a general concept as separate from the instance of a subject. I have reworded to ask about classes.
September 24, 2015 at 11:19 am
Mauricio_ (9/24/2015)
First query has an extra ; before ORDER BY, just a comment.
Thanks, fixed.
September 24, 2015 at 11:17 am
You wrote:
"
I checked on this at:
But found one unhappy purchaser who wrote:
"
implying that developer won't work. If you don't see the implication, I think you're not communicating well in English....
September 24, 2015 at 11:13 am
erichansen1836 (9/24/2015)
September 24, 2015 at 11:10 am
erichansen1836 (9/23/2015)
I checked on this at:
But found one unhappy purchaser who wrote:
I bought it as a Developer Edition, but it has functionality as EXPRESS - only 5 GB database. I...
September 24, 2015 at 10:44 am
Viewing 15 posts - 9,286 through 9,300 (of 39,936 total)