Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,121 through 9,135 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Committing Work

    Ed Wagner (11/20/2015)


    Heh - Have you heard of a scratch database that gets rebuilt every so often? Or Tempdb, perhaps? 😉

    This is in my Sandbox database. Nothing there needs...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (11/20/2015)


    Nothing like staying up late two nights in a row to do releases, get called back ten minutes after the second release to be told I forgot to...

  • RE: Committing Work

    Xavon (11/20/2015)


    Of course the correct answer is it throws an error, because nobody has a table named 'MyTable'. And if they do, the 'test' column is a GUID. :hehe:

    Ha,...

  • RE: Nested Schemas

    sestell1 (11/19/2015)


    I like to add square brackets around my nested schemas. :-D:crazy::hehe:

    CREATE SCHEMA [[a]].].[c]]]

    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  • RE: Query Performance Problem

    I'd ask both of you to take a breath, calm down, and cease insulting each other. If you can't do that, then please stop posting. This discussion isn't worth personal...

  • RE: Shrinking the Budget

    Gary Varga (11/19/2015)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/19/2015)


    ...I wouldn't disparage someone because of a former profession without knowing more.

    Hence my qualifying "I may be wrong". Another stroll around the block...

  • RE: Additional SSIS categories

    I could, but I hate to fragment things more. The forums are a mess as it is and I like having the SSIS stuff here: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Forum364-1.aspx

    I do really hope to...

  • RE: Data Masking for Convenience

    Cheers

  • RE: Good Basic T-SQL Exercises

    Here, though not sure how/why/when. I am trying to get some POC together that could be used to help people walk a path, but be easy to evolve and grow...

  • RE: Shrinking the Budget

    Agree, but I'm not aware of whether the actor did, or did not, do any work. Certainly it could be a piece written from research or from information delivered to...

  • RE: Shrinking the Budget

    Gary Varga (11/19/2015)


    I agree with this editorials stance.

    However, anyone who took 10 ways to shrink your IT budget[/url] too seriously hasn't looked into the author much. He is an ex-actor...

  • RE: Good Basic T-SQL Exercises

    Thanks, everyone. Trying to get some learning material for people together.

  • RE: Nested Schemas

    I ran across this with someone creating schemas as a namespace, reflecting something they were doing in development.

    These aren't nested schemas per se, but that was just a title. In...

  • RE: Private Data

    Gary Varga (11/18/2015)


    Perhaps a safety deposit box at a bank is a good analogy. They never open the box without the presence of the box holder except within the appropriate...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Eirikur Eiriksson (11/17/2015)

    Coming from a cold country you have to excuse my ignorance but where is the winter?

    😎

    Hopefully coming soon. Not nearly enough snow here now

Viewing 15 posts - 9,121 through 9,135 (of 39,936 total)