Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,106 through 9,120 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: The dotted table

    don't drop your framework or view on table design.

    If I'm staging data here, pulling from unclean sources, do I need a PK or non-nullable columns? It's a perfectly valid design,...

  • RE: Query help on previous record

    What's previous?

    The order of rows has no meaning in SQL Server. The way you insert them doesn't matter.

    Right now your second row has a larger id and a later last...

  • RE: Shrinking the Budget

    I'm not sure it's that hard to go from 2005 sp4+ to 2016. The core features are there and not much has been removed, though lots deprecated. I suppose if...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Ed Wagner (11/23/2015)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/23/2015)


    pietlinden (11/22/2015)


    The spam this weekend is insane... is the filter taking the weekend off?

    So, the filter is learning, though it misses some I...

  • RE: Visual Studio Subscritions

    Andy Warren (11/23/2015)


    Spelled subscription wrong:-)

    Its interesting to see MS moving to the subscription model and doing so at reasonable prices. For most employees Im not sure it matters - they...

  • RE: Shrinking the Budget

    I'm not sure that's true. The cost of the licensing might go up, or might not. MS has maintained prices for two versions at times. In that case, maybe it's...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    pietlinden (11/22/2015)


    The spam this weekend is insane... is the filter taking the weekend off?

    So, the filter is learning, though it misses some I don't understand.

    However the filter scans post-post. This...

  • RE: Technical Debt

    JustMarie (11/23/2015)


    In upper management speak 'technical debt' has no value add. The code works so what's the point in spending time aka money on it?

    The real trick is to...

  • RE: Technical Debt

    liebesiech (11/23/2015)


    Technical dept, if not handled soon, will cause issues and unwanted compromises down the road.

    ...until I was looking for a feature to be completed and the technical debt...

  • RE: Shrinking the Budget

    chrisn-585491 (11/23/2015)


    We are dancing around the one of biggest expenses in the IT budget: licensing, SQL Server licensing in most of our cases.

    For the cost of SS 2014 or SS...

  • RE: Can we reduce the spam?

    We don't want a captcha as people are mostly registered when they post. It's an annoyance for many, and perhaps might not prevent replies from spammers.

    I suspect there's a hole...

  • RE: Visual Studio Subscritions

    chrisn-585491 (11/23/2015)


    For the cost of MSDN I can afford training, which turns out to be an better investment career wise.

    In what way? Is it because you do better being led...

  • RE: Good Basic T-SQL Exercises

    The problem is that for many people, it's hard to organize their learning. They can't read every article. They might have been a member for a few months, or a...

  • RE: Good Basic T-SQL Exercises

    you guys are killing me with questions and not t-sql problems. :w00t:

    The short answer: I don't know what to do.

    Longer answer: Some way to help people learn. Some places I've...

  • RE: Good Basic T-SQL Exercises

    Jeff Moden (11/19/2015)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/19/2015)


    Here, though not sure how/why/when. I am trying to get some POC together that could be used to help people walk a path,...

Viewing 15 posts - 9,106 through 9,120 (of 39,936 total)