Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 9,046 through 9,060 (of 39,928 total)

  • RE: SELECT last not null date

    I'm guessing the end set is what you want? Find the max date for each id

    SELECT Id

    , MAX(te.Date1) AS 'Resubmitted On'

    FROM #TEmp AS te

    GROUP BY id

    Then you can put...

  • RE: Combine text from two records into one

    I agree with Sergiy. XML makes this easy.

    As a hint, you can use the idea of joining a column to itself.

    select '' + mycol

    from mytable

    If you have the tsqlt...

  • RE: What is DevOps?

    Tavis Reddick (12/9/2015)


    Could there be a tendency, over time and in a successful devops team, for individuals to learn new skills from the 'other' side, to the detriment of learning...

  • RE: What is DevOps?

    Michael L John (12/3/2015)


    DevOps is what's implemented to break down the communication barriers and silos that were created when Agile was implemented.

    To me, it's only a new name for...

  • RE: NoSQL Complaints

    IIRC, Amazon uses messaging between systems, so the high volumes of orders get queued and processed into a relational system. It's usually seconds, but the queue allows for delays.

  • RE: NoSQL Complaints

    xsevensinzx (12/4/2015)


    I really don't understand this article at all.

    NoSQL is such a broad topic that you really can't push out blanket statements about everything under the NoSQL umbrella much...

  • RE: An Inconceivable Scale

    william-700725 (12/9/2015)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/9/2015)


    I don't have fundamental problems with gathering some of this data. Now keeping it, that's perhaps something we don't want to do. However we...

  • RE: An Inconceivable Scale

    aalcala (12/9/2015)


    Steve,

    It has been a long time since I was in school, but I thought an Exabyte would be 3 orders of magnitude larger than a petabyte.

    I thought it was...

  • RE: An Inconceivable Scale

    william-700725 (12/9/2015)


    I would suggest that the growth in the volume of data stored does not reflect a growth in actual information.

    If you look, how much of that growth is...

  • RE: An Inconceivable Scale

    Sean Redmond (12/9/2015)


    A part of this increase in data-size is our sloppiness in database design. We throw in GUIDs everywhere partly because it is in fashion, partly because it makes...

  • RE: Restoring a mirrored database to a different server. Why does it occasionally fail?

    Could it be that once you've restored it someone runs something that does an ALTER DATABASE to turn mirroring on the dev db?

    Otherwise, I'm not sure. This shouldn't be an...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2015

    roryp 96873 (12/3/2015)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (12/3/2015)


    Last tie breaker is who beat Steve the most

    That's almost an 11-way tie right now I think. :hehe:

    Probably

  • RE: What is DevOps?

    Rod at work (12/3/2015)


    Argh!! Steve, please stop writing articles that interest me so much. Ones that I want to respond to. Believe me, I want to respond to this, but...

  • RE: QOTD Suggestion

    On the list

  • RE: Syntax help needed

    Can you not join to dm_exec_sessions here?

    INNER JOIN sys.dm_exec_sessions AS des

    ON des.session_id = r.session_id

Viewing 15 posts - 9,046 through 9,060 (of 39,928 total)