Viewing 15 posts - 9,031 through 9,045 (of 39,928 total)
Does the table exist and is used for a long time or just a bit of work?
Short answer, add indexes if they speed up queries more than the time things...
December 11, 2015 at 8:32 am
Gary Varga (12/7/2015)
December 11, 2015 at 8:17 am
Honestly, the reapply all logs up to today, without getting another full backup just won't work. You'll eventually have too much work to do overnight and it's too brittle.
First, you...
December 11, 2015 at 8:14 am
I agree with both above. An ODS just tends to be a central data warehouse where you've consolidated data, cleaned/standardized, and then often feed other systems. I've seen a few...
December 11, 2015 at 7:57 am
BrainDonor (12/10/2015)
Bought this one in Portland - designed to upset as many sci-fi fans as possible - http://fashionablygeek.com/t-shirts/trolling-shirt/
Excellent
December 10, 2015 at 8:59 am
If you pulled the data directly into a data reader and then processed that down on the client, is that faster?
December 10, 2015 at 8:54 am
ccd3000 (12/10/2015)
December 10, 2015 at 8:47 am
cjb110 (12/10/2015)
I think that article was a disservice to...
December 10, 2015 at 8:28 am
Manic Star (12/10/2015)
We clean up the place, take out the trash and keep the mechanism humming along with regular maintenance that no one sees, appreciates or cares about...
December 10, 2015 at 8:19 am
If you aren't storing dates, be careful here. I would bet you get a bug at some point when a shift or a schedule goes over 24 hours. I've worked...
December 10, 2015 at 8:05 am
Make sure no proxy is set and ensure that the job itself has the account correctly chosen. There are various ways to change this, and configure different accounts for a...
December 10, 2015 at 8:03 am
SQLBits is going to be iffy for me. I need to be back here on Sun, May 8, so I may have to check if I can speak on Friday...
December 9, 2015 at 2:19 pm
Ah, good one Luis. I realize I misread this as first. You want to parse out related rows.
I think Luis' solution will work, but only if your rules are for...
December 9, 2015 at 1:50 pm
You are asking too much of Server Core.
If you're remote, and you need client tools in a GUI, then you should have a remote machine that you connect to, which...
December 9, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 9,031 through 9,045 (of 39,928 total)