Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,521 through 5,535 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jonathan.crawford - Monday, May 14, 2018 4:23 PM

    Anybody going to be at sqlsaturday 736 in Columbus?

    likely not. I may do Louisville, but...

  • RE: Anonymisation Confusion

    allinadazework - Tuesday, May 15, 2018 3:10 AM

    Yes, but you'd have to prove that these techniques do have an influence and...

  • RE: Interviewing Avatars

    It's not you interviewing 1000 people, it's the candidate that applies for 1000 jobs. However, for initial screens, I've certainly had to call, or have had HR call 30 or...

  • RE: Interviewing Avatars

    Avatars aren't useful for in-depth work, and I hope they aren't. If they are, they should get the job.

    These aren't because of laziness, but the idea is amplification....

  • RE: Anonymisation Confusion

    jay-h - Monday, May 14, 2018 9:19 AM

    Considering that the DNC spent over 1B, and the 'Russians' expense was at most...

  • RE: One Million Tables

    INCREDIBLEmouse - Friday, May 11, 2018 12:43 PM

    I'm more curious about SSMS Object Exploder: Did you try to expand the list? Did...

  • RE: backup and restore of SQL R services

    A native SQL SErver backup includes backup of any code or objects that run R code. Patches for SQL Server include the patches for R services.

  • RE: Return 2 lines of text from a row

    If you have line feeds in there, you can also use CHARINDEX/PATINDEX to search for those and then pull back the number of characters to one of those.

  • RE: Backup options on Amazon EC2

    If you don't need point in time, then things are simpler. An EBS backup is a snapshot of the entire host + SQL Server. However, when restored, this means that...

  • RE: Has anyone installed SQL Server on Ubuntu 18.04?

    That's interesting. Is encrypted storage the default?

  • RE: One Million Tables

    I got rid of those databases, but I'll see if I can go back and add schema information.That's a good point, though I wonder if this isn't just poor indexing...

  • RE: Interviewing Avatars

    jay-h - Friday, May 11, 2018 9:22 AM

    Exactly how would an avatar provide useful information? If it's simple fact/history questions, these...

  • RE: Interviewing Avatars

    Dalkeith - Friday, May 11, 2018 2:33 AM

    Jakub.Janda - Friday, May 11, 2018 2:28 AM

  • RE: Interviewing Avatars

    Dalkeith - Friday, May 11, 2018 2:20 AM

    ...
    In the meantime I suspect we will have some weird things happening where avataars endlessly...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    You should have asked them about the rest of the First Responder Kit (and cc'd your boss). I mean, what about the sp_BlitzIndex and sp_BlitzFirst?

Viewing 15 posts - 5,521 through 5,535 (of 39,919 total)