Viewing 15 posts - 28,291 through 28,305 (of 39,922 total)
Are you running the SQL 2000 Profiler? I've seen some bugs where some filters just didn't work.
June 18, 2008 at 10:09 am
you could also use something like this:http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Miscellaneous/exchangefromsqlserver/1526/
Be careful of automating too much of attachments. This can be a security issue if someone can send an email and you import it...
June 18, 2008 at 10:08 am
Glad you enjoyed them. I also blogged from a few sessions. Didn't get to that many because of commitments, but I have a few up here: http://blogs.sqlservercentral.com/steve_jones/default.aspx
June 18, 2008 at 10:05 am
You should be doing log backups as well. those will have the updates, independent of diff backups.
June 18, 2008 at 10:04 am
I'd agree as well that 32bit isn't necessarily dead.
However, if you can consolidate servers, if you're considering virtualization, if you basically need bigger servers and more memory can help, you...
June 18, 2008 at 9:44 am
Is this recompiling constantly? Or is it set to recompile on every call?
I haven't heard of this, but it might be a PSS call is needed.
June 18, 2008 at 9:41 am
It's not clear what you mean. Are you getting an error or deadlock? Can you explain more what you are trying to determine or what the problem is?
June 18, 2008 at 9:39 am
If the service account is expired, you might not have an issue until the SQL service restarts. It is running and like a live user, it doesn't necessarily get kicked...
June 18, 2008 at 9:38 am
You need to better define requirements. If the user can change the fields or determines them, how do you determine uniqueness? You can use a GUID to guarentee uniqueness,...
June 18, 2008 at 9:30 am
I've had issues with the wizards as well. Use a backup / restore or a detach attach to move databases.
June 18, 2008 at 9:27 am
Full Text searching is for searching large values of text for some data, similar to what you get with Google, Live Search, etc.
If you have queries that you are using...
June 18, 2008 at 9:25 am
Not sure if this is possible, but you might ping Steve Lasker. He worked on the Compact team.
June 18, 2008 at 9:24 am
Looks good to me!
Be aware that I've seen in SS2K jobs change to a new owner if they're edited, so keep this around. Not sure if that's a problem in...
June 18, 2008 at 9:21 am
Are you sure you're connecting to the same machine? Are you going with Windows name, IP, FQDN? I'd suspect you're connecting to two different machines somehow or two instances for...
June 18, 2008 at 9:20 am
That does seem high. Do you have some type of auditing turned on?
June 18, 2008 at 9:19 am
Viewing 15 posts - 28,291 through 28,305 (of 39,922 total)