Viewing 15 posts - 27,511 through 27,525 (of 39,922 total)
I don't like the idea of CLR code, but there have been a few people that have found it quite handy. I tend to side with those above and I'd...
August 18, 2008 at 7:31 am
Corruption errors are almost always hardware related, so I'd get the hardware checked.
You can try dropping and rebuilding the affected index, however that doesn't necessarily address the underlying cause.
REPAIR_DATA_LOSS should...
August 18, 2008 at 7:30 am
You'd have to query information_schema.columns for the number of columns and then probably build a loop to sum up the values.
Note that storing an variable number of fees in the...
August 18, 2008 at 7:12 am
As stated above, the parser must be able to resolve the table at compile time. So variables must be declared table variables or a name given.
You can
exec(' select *...
August 18, 2008 at 7:10 am
Or write up a short article. It's always good to see how someone tests and their results.
August 18, 2008 at 7:03 am
COPY ONLY makes a regular backup, but doesn't reset the backup chain. Typically if I backup on Monday am, logs Mon pm, full backup Tues am, logs Tue PM, and...
August 18, 2008 at 7:03 am
It is localized, if that's available. If not US English is used.
The standard < should get replaced and work. Might need a space after it to prevent injection stuff.
August 18, 2008 at 6:58 am
Sorry I signed off last night. Had some family issues.
Are you connecting to SQL Server via a sysadmin/sa account? You will need those to move the resource database. Same for...
August 18, 2008 at 6:56 am
Also, if you shut down SQL Server before the NAS reboots, and bring it back up after the NAS reboot, you'll be OK.
August 18, 2008 at 6:52 am
Is that the Texas Memory Systems SSD? I've heard mixed things from it.
If it works, I'm sure the bottleneck will move around and our tuning advice would change quite a...
August 17, 2008 at 8:20 pm
You can give them the database role for backup (db_backupadmin) for their database only.
For file system, you would need to limit the rights that their accounts have. As far as...
August 17, 2008 at 8:18 pm
I wouldn't do that. Rebuilding is a serious step.
Did you see the server startup? Is this a remote server you are connecting to through RDP?
August 17, 2008 at 8:15 pm
It sounds like media or hardware issues. Have you tried multiple tapes?
August 17, 2008 at 7:23 pm
The surface utility does not need to connect.
SQLCMD should connect if the database is started. When you start it from the command line, do you see all databases recover in...
August 17, 2008 at 7:21 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 27,511 through 27,525 (of 39,922 total)