Viewing 15 posts - 27,106 through 27,120 (of 39,922 total)
I'd rename the table. That will tell you if it's still being used.
Quick.
September 18, 2008 at 8:59 pm
You have to connect to each SQL Server and run this. There isn't another way.
You can write a script using sqlcmd to do this, looping through the list of servers,...
September 18, 2008 at 8:58 pm
Nope, good to call me out. I probably am missing more.
I've not really used WSUS since I want control over when and where they are applied to which machines. I...
September 18, 2008 at 8:57 pm
If you want to overwrite backups, use the same file name and the WITH INIT clause. However this isn't a great practice. If it fails partially in there, you don't...
September 18, 2008 at 8:55 pm
Pick the indexes and right click, select delete or drop.
September 18, 2008 at 8:54 pm
Best you can, though most people have smaller environments and have to make guesses on performance. I would think the data size is the most important, get all data, then...
September 18, 2008 at 1:58 pm
Which event is this? If you are grabbing stored procs, you'll get it. You can filter by database or user as well.
What does the proc do?
September 18, 2008 at 1:57 pm
Paul's got it. tempdb is recreated, might not have enough space for that on your system or even logging.
September 18, 2008 at 1:56 pm
Lots of VBScripting.
Transfers are always easier to one file name. You could use the Dynamic Properties task to alter the connection to the file to a different name based on...
September 18, 2008 at 1:54 pm
For multiple operators, I usually send to a general box somewhere and then let the email system either forward to multiple people or one.
September 18, 2008 at 1:52 pm
If you don't have SMS or MOM, then this is a pain. I might psexec it, logging the results to each server.
That or get a bunch of terminal server sessions...
September 18, 2008 at 1:51 pm
Definitely use SHRINKFILE, but be sure that you don't need that space. HAving the log shrink and grow is a waste of resources.
September 18, 2008 at 1:50 pm
I wrote about this some time ago for SQL 2000. Basically the file extended properties and the version in master could conceivably be different. I'd check both and that might...
September 18, 2008 at 1:50 pm
You should use ALTER INDEX with 2005 and above as DBCC REINDEX is deprecated.
I'm not sure what you can grab here, though checking @@ERROR and related variables after the command...
September 18, 2008 at 1:49 pm
I'd also recommend 37 Signals to check out. They have an interesting blog.
I heard Jason Fried speak recently and he talked a bit about how they build software and their...
September 18, 2008 at 1:43 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 27,106 through 27,120 (of 39,922 total)