Viewing 15 posts - 27,061 through 27,075 (of 39,922 total)
I think Agile works great in the DB, it's just different clients. Communicate often and regularly with the developers, who are your clients. Address their needs and change direction when...
September 23, 2008 at 9:45 pm
The danger is knowledge.
MySQL is used by Yahoo and some other huge clients. Sun now supports it and it runs great in all sizes of companies. It has a modular...
September 23, 2008 at 3:25 pm
You can implement your own version of log shipping without the overhead from SQL.
Run a backup, move that, while it's moving, run a diff, move that, then while things are...
September 23, 2008 at 3:21 pm
It should be using SSIS, which I think has a few issues between 32 and 64 bit. However if you run it from the source, or from your workstation, I'm...
September 23, 2008 at 3:20 pm
What's first? You need an order to determine that.
You can select top 1 ... order by xxx as a subselect and then use that as the update.
for multiple rows it...
September 23, 2008 at 3:12 pm
I'd second the vote for Inside SQL Server - Query Tuning.
Colin,
If you want to post it here, we'd love to publish it on the site.
September 23, 2008 at 3:11 pm
What is the execution plan and what are the types/indexes on?
Need more information.
September 23, 2008 at 9:06 am
There's always work being done and I'm sure we'll see more enhancements to SQL to handle common tasks as it evolves.
I think SQL works great, but there are always things...
September 23, 2008 at 8:55 am
Jack has the best idea. Any network hiccup will cause the backup to fail. Run it to the local server and then copy it to your hard drive.
September 23, 2008 at 8:53 am
filegrowth takes effect when the database runs out of space, not when the server is started.
September 23, 2008 at 8:53 am
What exactly do you have?
Full backup on: __/__/2008?
Log Backup?
When was the table deleted?
What has been done since the table was deleted.
September 23, 2008 at 8:52 am
I don't think there's one to do this per table.
You could use SQLTrace to do this. What's the intention? See a level of activity per table?
September 23, 2008 at 8:51 am
You should not index ALL the fields. That will slow down your updates/inserts/deletes.
You want to include indexes on those fields which are mostly used for queries. If you have two...
September 23, 2008 at 8:50 am
Backup / restore is dirt simple and there is no downtime. I'm not sure why that would not be optimum.
The copy db wizard is flaky, and I do not recommend...
September 23, 2008 at 8:49 am
Another vote for BCP. Works wonderfully for me.
September 23, 2008 at 8:45 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,061 through 27,075 (of 39,922 total)