Viewing 15 posts - 27,046 through 27,060 (of 39,922 total)
Mirroring / clustering the publisher will help you keep things going, but it's a more expensive solution.
What about merge replication? How much data are we talking about and how...
September 25, 2008 at 8:27 am
2. use xxxdb go create trigger.
Not sure on #1
September 25, 2008 at 8:22 am
FAT32 isn't really designed for large files or heavy activity. I'm actually surprised it's supported in SS2K5
September 25, 2008 at 8:21 am
I've updated the links. Some of these broke last year when we migrated platforms and these must have been missed.
September 25, 2008 at 7:12 am
I think I did miss my target with the myth, though as I think about it, giving up a liver every day for your boss might be how many of...
September 25, 2008 at 7:09 am
You can go dynamic. The SQL Browser service is what determines which port it is if you address the instance by name. So if you have a server named SUIS01...
September 24, 2008 at 9:01 pm
2000 is the Server network Utility.
September 24, 2008 at 4:46 pm
September 24, 2008 at 4:46 pm
It's likely a transient error. The nHibernate stuff flips out at times. We did have issues this morning, but things seem to be running better now.
September 24, 2008 at 4:44 pm
Brandie,
I'm slightly buried, but I'll try to get you one in the next week. Got to finish a presentation first 🙁
September 24, 2008 at 4:44 pm
I think this is a good reason why we should have "certified" applications for SQL Server. Some way to limit access to the server to both a user and an...
September 24, 2008 at 8:22 am
Performance could be drastically different, though. Keep that in mind and set expectations from users. Especially if you have > 4GB of RAM.
September 24, 2008 at 7:52 am
If you are using SQLMail, I'd start to move off it. It is deprecated in 2005, meaning it will be removed in future versions. Also, it doesn't work on 64-bit...
September 24, 2008 at 7:50 am
The NO_LOG and TRUNCATE_ONLY options break the backup chain. IF you run these, you need to do a full backup right away.
However, a log backup removes the inactive transactions, or...
September 24, 2008 at 7:45 am
Filestream is only in 2008.
September 24, 2008 at 6:11 am
Viewing 15 posts - 27,046 through 27,060 (of 39,922 total)