Viewing 15 posts - 26,611 through 26,625 (of 39,922 total)
Being undecided is good. At least I think so. Our legal system (should) function like that in court, I'm giving all candidates another week to do/say something that I can...
October 30, 2008 at 7:20 am
I have read through both entries and I do not believe this is plagiarism. Plagiarism ( http://www.plagiarism.org/) is copying without giving credit to the source, essentially passing off ideas as...
October 30, 2008 at 7:12 am
A spike for 4-5 minutes, while unusual, isn't necessarily a problem. You might have had a load that coincided with other loads. Were any queries running unusually long or a...
October 30, 2008 at 7:05 am
Yep, would prefer pay for service, give us more time, reasonable prices.
We don't get 10 years, we get 7, then pay for support (beyond security patches). Not that security isn't...
October 29, 2008 at 3:12 pm
If you are doing single lookups, meaning if I pick X, I get these choices for X, as opposed to getting less choices for x because I selected "y" earlier,...
October 29, 2008 at 12:37 pm
In the past, I've typically done a "drop table", "create table" to handle things like this. The wizard is designed for the basics. If you need this to work more...
October 29, 2008 at 12:34 pm
refresh?
If the service is running (is this the same instance), it should be there. Try running a job and see if it works.
October 29, 2008 at 10:14 am
Don't think so, but perhaps there's a workaround. You could potentially have all reports run the same query to get "variables" from a table. Something like
create table ReportVars
( vartype varchar(10)
...
October 29, 2008 at 10:14 am
not that I know of. It's a type of "forward compatability", translating things so that they work on a 2000 type system. Not intended to emulate 2000 completely.
October 29, 2008 at 10:10 am
What does the code do? Perhaps we have another solution.
October 29, 2008 at 10:09 am
Watch disk space if you have these regularly scheduled.
October 29, 2008 at 10:08 am
What's the problem you're solving? Drill down could be a lot. What is the data and how is it used/queried?
October 29, 2008 at 10:07 am
Personally, if a person is referring to books then I'm very impressed. I've worked with too many people who were convinced they knew everything they needed and refused to pick...
October 29, 2008 at 10:07 am
Could these disks be very slow as well? Or slower?
October 29, 2008 at 10:05 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,611 through 26,625 (of 39,922 total)