Viewing 15 posts - 26,386 through 26,400 (of 39,922 total)
First you need to post in the correct forum, one of the connecting or programming ones. I'll move this.
Are the settings being changed or is it just a disconnect? If...
November 22, 2008 at 9:55 am
I have a few notes on this based on PASS this past week, but SQL Server is definitely part of the cloud. I don't think MS is going to fight...
November 22, 2008 at 9:40 am
Or perhaps they knew there'd be fewer answers with so many people at PASS!
November 22, 2008 at 9:35 am
Service Broker sends messages back and forth. I think it's more designed for a notification of some sort, or an update of some values, not really moving result sets back...
November 19, 2008 at 5:38 pm
Not recommended. The temp table will go away and the view will persist (And error out).
Why not a CTE?
November 19, 2008 at 5:36 pm
We are talking about this, but we really want the forum software vendor to do this so that we can upgrade without losing work.
November 19, 2008 at 5:35 pm
What are you running sqlsdiag for? It gathers information from the run, and if you run it multiple times without rebooting/restarting, I suppose they could be larger files, but I...
November 19, 2008 at 5:34 pm
You need a driver from the source system. Is this stuff running on the mainframe?
Also, please post in the appropriate forum. I have moved this to 2005 development.
November 19, 2008 at 5:33 pm
It could work, but IMHO, it's a bad move. At least to move everything. You could move some stuff, but I'd like someone nearby I could call in a pinch....
November 19, 2008 at 5:32 pm
jgrubb,
nice synopsis and I think you've hit it. It works well in places, just be aware of what you're getting (and missing).
November 19, 2008 at 5:30 pm
There are definitely people posting interview or homework questions. Please feel free to call them on it if you don't want to answer.
And participate where you can. Don't feel bad...
November 19, 2008 at 5:28 pm
Sorry for the late note.
Seeing the paper result, but not holding it is interesting. And it's a good compromise, perhaps the best we'll ever get.
I read in one place that...
November 19, 2008 at 4:56 pm
Gail has it correct. It will use more space, because it rebuilds things, but MDF files will grow only if you run out of space inside the current MDF files...
November 19, 2008 at 4:49 pm
I'd agree with Michael. Go through the maintenance plan wizard for a start.
November 19, 2008 at 11:43 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,386 through 26,400 (of 39,922 total)