Viewing 15 posts - 26,311 through 26,325 (of 39,922 total)
It was always one of my favorite things early on in this site to answer questions and help others. I've always felt that most of the people reading the forums...
November 28, 2008 at 9:32 pm
Robert,
I agree and I'm always happy to see people posting hints rather than complete solutions. Especially when people haven't made any attempt at it themselves.
November 26, 2008 at 12:45 pm
Never hurts to apply a little more pressure. You've got fans now!
November 26, 2008 at 11:55 am
thanks for the recommendations on speakers. I'll check them out. Always good to find someone worth listening to.
November 26, 2008 at 11:53 am
Also , the network can be unreliable. Copies and other file operations tolerate this. The SQL Backup process won't.
You really want to back up locally and then copy to a...
November 26, 2008 at 11:51 am
norecovery can't be used with notrunate apparently. I don't see anything in BOL, but I bet you can remove the no_truncate and it will work.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa225964(SQL.80).aspx
November 26, 2008 at 11:49 am
That was a nice response.
and a great effort from you, Jack.
November 26, 2008 at 10:35 am
Thanks for the update. Was sure it was networking somewhere.
November 26, 2008 at 9:29 am
Can you not connect to the server at all, or just this database?
Can you connect to master on this instance?
November 26, 2008 at 9:17 am
Correction noted. It does start with each of us. I was thinking that leaders have to set the example, just as each of us does for our children.
November 26, 2008 at 9:13 am
Also, you can't necessarily control the time to create. If there is something else going on in the host system, a user watching YouTube, for example, things can take longer.
Size...
November 26, 2008 at 9:12 am
The OS matters as well because you might be able to create the 1MB Db as quick as 100MB if zero file initialization is in effect.
November 26, 2008 at 9:11 am
We should measure budgeting like we measure programmers and other employees. By Effectiveness.
Not by making/exceeding the budget. We should look at if money was spent well, needs were met, etc....
November 26, 2008 at 9:09 am
I agree with a lot of what Grant wrote, and while I haven't done this in awhile, the principles are the same.
Labeling releases is crucial to knowing what goes moving...
November 26, 2008 at 9:02 am
Viewing 15 posts - 26,311 through 26,325 (of 39,922 total)