Viewing 15 posts - 26,296 through 26,310 (of 39,922 total)
We are a heavy user of the forum software. Perhaps the largest, and I'm not sure how many people have the 500 post issue.
Adding threads to the briefcase is something...
November 30, 2008 at 10:37 pm
Interesting idea. I'll pass along to the forum vendor. Changes like that we try to get them to incorporate.
November 30, 2008 at 10:36 pm
SQL 2000 is a great, stable platform and it's served me well in many situations. I've had all kinds of businesses run well on it, including this one. We upgraded...
November 30, 2008 at 10:35 pm
Glad to hear you're OK, GRant, that's a scary story. I always worry when I'm working with power tools.
I try not to step in and let things run on their...
November 30, 2008 at 10:31 pm
I think the certifications can enhance your experience, but if you get them without experience, then you are proving you can study and test, but not necessarily do anything.
In other...
November 30, 2008 at 10:26 pm
The Microsoft courses are all taught from a standard curriculum, so the instructor doesn't really matter.
If you're looking to pass the tests, the MS courses are standard. If you want...
November 30, 2008 at 10:25 pm
Maybe you could target meeting some SLAs, perhaps responding to all requests within xx days or answering all emails within a day or something that shows you are working well...
November 30, 2008 at 10:23 pm
The script above should help, but why would that date impact whether or not something was being decommissioned? I'd think it was being used or not.
November 30, 2008 at 10:06 pm
Be aware that you might have issues with this if the server is at 100% CPU. You might want to set something up with a monitoring solution on the Windows...
November 28, 2008 at 9:57 pm
Are you looking to partition the tables across multiple file groups or databases? What is the problem you are trying to solve?
November 28, 2008 at 9:55 pm
You don't want to do this in T-SLQ, it's horribly inefficient. Holding a file handle is asking for concurrency issues. Using a cursor wastes resources. And SQL Server will not...
November 28, 2008 at 9:54 pm
XQuery is the choice for this, but it's limited in 2000.
This is really something you want to do in another language, not T-SQL.
November 28, 2008 at 9:52 pm
You can do all that, but most people just won't read the rules/ideas/hints, and just post a question.
November 28, 2008 at 9:36 pm
We have PDF versions and are working with developers to get an "ebook" section here on the site.
November 28, 2008 at 9:35 pm
Log backups will keep the log at a manageable size.
You should have free space in your data files, which is used up as you add data and make changes.
How big...
November 28, 2008 at 9:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 26,296 through 26,310 (of 39,922 total)