Viewing 15 posts - 25,936 through 25,950 (of 39,921 total)
Why spend money? Pop a VM, install, restore, script, delete. No licensing issue. MS won't bang you for getting to the next version.
For DTS packages, you can try to upgrade,...
December 19, 2008 at 2:51 pm
We can argue about whether an indexed view should be a type of index or not, but right now MS is choosing to call it that. Which means when you...
December 19, 2008 at 2:08 pm
I'd dig through the error log looking for older entries.
I don't think you can restore 2000 msdb to 2005, structures are different, Agent different, etc.
What I might suggest is take...
December 19, 2008 at 1:43 pm
This isn't clustered, is it? Saw a few notes about 64-bit cluster install issues.
December 19, 2008 at 1:39 pm
I agree that the Iron Man and Island computers could come true soon. Cost might be an issue, but I'd like to see a 42" TV-sized desktop that functioned like...
December 19, 2008 at 1:23 pm
The code has been edited to be one long file.
December 19, 2008 at 1:04 pm
Too old to fine the trees.....?
Too much snow in your eyes this morning? 🙂
December 19, 2008 at 9:13 am
Me too! Though we'll miss the Pinewood Derby :(, due to a skiing vacation. However we've got 15 pins, perhaps 1 or 2 more, and ready to move on to...
December 19, 2008 at 9:11 am
They are probably very close now. I'd still recommend C# because I think it's a little more difficult and if you know that, likely you will pick up VB quicker....
December 19, 2008 at 8:52 am
I'll stick to beer in my beer, no wheat, fruit, chocolate, etc. In fact, I had a very nice Corona with my brother-in-law to be last night.
It's too late for...
December 19, 2008 at 8:44 am
I have to say that at 40, nearly 20 years in this business, there aren't a lot of "new" things. There are new languages, new syntaxes, and evolutions of how...
December 19, 2008 at 8:35 am
Ha, the only days I get off are when I can bribe, err, convince Phil to help out.
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, I'll be here and we'll see you on...
December 19, 2008 at 8:31 am
I'd argue that a heap isn't an index either. I think an index has structure that is designed. A heap has no structure, it's determined by the users.
I'll admit that...
December 19, 2008 at 8:29 am
Definitely some great answers in here. You've got a Friday smile on my face!
I'd forgotten about a few of these, never heard of others. DARYL was great, and I'll add...
December 19, 2008 at 8:26 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,936 through 25,950 (of 39,921 total)