Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 25,801 through 25,815 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: RAID 1 vs. RAID 10

    Hardware is the only RAID I'd recommend for any server. Maybe software on a desktop, but not a server.

    I'm not sure you gain from having two files on one device...

  • RE: Differential Backup Failures

    I'd run a trace of some sort, looking for the backup event in between the time when you run a full and the time a diff is scheduled. There must...

  • RE: Changing Taxonomy

    I do agree with the other Mr. Jones that this hard. And we have two basic issues as I see it.

    1. Making it easy for people to post questions

    2. Making...

  • RE: Senior developer Vs Manager

    Andy Warren and I gave a presentation on this at PASS and I'll give a few thoughts.

    First they're different jobs. I don't think you can manage and do technical stuff,...

  • RE: SQL Queries Are Coming To Town

    Hopefully not an ache to your ear! :w00t:

    Thanks

  • RE: Changing Taxonomy

    It looks like most people like separation by versions, and perhaps that still makes sense. My guess is that most people won't list their version, and probably most people today...

  • RE: Pass 2009

    Seattle again, Nov 3-6.

    http://www.sqlpass.org.

  • RE: Changing Taxonomy

    I certainly could use more help. That might be something we implement.

  • RE: Re: Moving Databases

    You should be fine. The logs should be closed properly when you shut down SQL Server, so I wouldn't expect anything to be broken.

  • RE: Changing Taxonomy

    I really don't want to go 2 levels deep, and I really question how complicated things have gotten. Plus, what's a newbie? They don't necessarily know to post there, at...

  • RE: DBCC is "old technology"???

    Not all DBCC commands have been deprecated or given an alternative. I don't think reseeding can be done another way, but I'd like to see this added to ALTER TABLE.

    The...

  • RE: Looking Forward

    And if we can help, ask. No guarantees, but we would like to see you succeed

  • RE: What do you look for in a Database Audit?

    http://www.appsecinc.com/products/appdetective/

    It's fine to ask the question, but you haven't given guidance on the purpose of the audit. What are you trying to learn about? There isn't necessarily a guideline per...

  • RE: Looking Forward

    Domagoj,

    Best of luck with that and hope things get better in 2009.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    At least he tries. I think he's slightly in over his/her head with this stuff, but he's plugging along.

Viewing 15 posts - 25,801 through 25,815 (of 39,921 total)