Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 25,771 through 25,785 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Source Control in SQL Server

    I agree with Matt. You need rules for Devs and DBAs, backed to some extent by permissions, to ensure that some VCS is used.

  • RE: Changing Taxonomy

    Yikes, you're giving me more forums!

    I like the Challenges. We have a "contests" one, but I'll rename it to Challenges/Contests.

    I'm not sure how much work is involved in anything other...

  • RE: Server Instances

    Luke, great link and I've sent a feedback note to the BOL team to correct one of the pages. Not a great question in light of that link.

    I have heard...

  • RE: The Year in Review 2008

    LOL, I survived with 1 headphone, though most of my phones didn't have bluetooth :). I did lose it for a few weeks, but found it. This was after I...

  • RE: The New Year - 2009

    I run XP on the desktop (main working environment) and Vista Ultimate on my laptop (4GB RAM), which I use for editing the podcasts. It works OK, but not great....

  • RE: Looking Forward

    I want a picture! Faked, photoshop'ed, somethign

  • RE: Corporate Software Development

    I've worked in both bullpens, offices, and cubes. The cubes were the traditional 5ft walls, 3 sides, but I also worked in a place where we had two rows of...

  • RE: How Would You Rate This? - Database Weekly (Dec 29, 2008)

    Glad we agree on something 🙂

    Happy New Year

  • RE: Senior developer Vs Manager

    gcopeland, well said!

  • RE: Which .Net Language Should We Adopt

    It's definitely a business decision, and I'd recommend C# if it's not substantially more expensive (time and money) for your people. If they have a lot of VB experience, and...

  • RE: SSC should have more Moderators

    Not a bad idea. We'll look into adding more in the next year.

  • RE: The New Year - 2009

    Happy New Year, thanks for the replies, and hopefully you're answering from home, not work, and I hope I have many, many less cell phones in 2009. I'm hoping for...

  • RE: Help creating a SQL query

    Look to use MAX() and MIN() for the dates and amounts to get what you need.

    I'm hinting here since this looks like homework potentially, so I'd like to see you...

  • RE: How to reduce MDF data file?

    I agree with Jeffrey, shrinking causes fragmentation on data files and is a waste of resources on log files. Set the files to be the amount of space you need...

  • RE: Transaction log growth with no db activity

    The differentials should take longer and longer as you get further from the full backup, be sure you test this to know what your times are. Perhaps test the full...

Viewing 15 posts - 25,771 through 25,785 (of 39,921 total)