SqlServer2005

• hi all,

how to debug the store Procedure in Sql server 2005,is it have any option to debugging store Procedure?

in 2000 having Debugging option by using we can debug the Procedure.

i know with Visual studio it is Possible....with out visual studio have any option to debugging storeprocedure...

thank you,

Regards

Pradeep

• this should help...

http://searchsqlserver.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid87_gci1197403,00.html#

James Howard

• thanks, for replaying

but exactly my doubt is i know debugging with visual studio is Possible.....

with out visual studio is it Possible........? is there any option with in the enterprise edition like sql server 2000.........?

thanks

regards

pradeep.P

• pradeep.pendyala (1/5/2009)

thanks, for replaying

but exactly my doubt is i know debugging with visual studio is Possible.....

with out visual studio is it Possible........? is there any option with in the enterprise edition like sql server 2000.........?

thanks

regards

pradeep.P

On SQL 2008 it is possible. On SQL 2005 you are out of luck

* Noel

• There were issues with this and it wasn't widely called for, so it was dropped from 2005. There is no way to do it in 2005 that I'm aware of. It is back in 2008.

The best you can do is log stuff with PRINT statements or to some table for examination.

• Or you can run the proc as a script, and run it a piece at a time, check the outputs and such for each part, and work it that way.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• thank you all for replaying

thaks

Regards,

Pradeep.P

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply