Viewing 15 posts - 25,501 through 25,515 (of 39,921 total)
Hey if they want to play on their surface computers, we can probably avoid the presentations altogether!
And they don't listen anyway. We're usually ignored.
January 22, 2009 at 6:31 am
I need to talk about that now that I'm here in Cambridge. I've let it go with a lot of other stuff to do, but we'll give away some stuff....
January 22, 2009 at 6:27 am
I do believe there were immoral people involved, people taking advantage of others. Those people exist, and unfortunately they are in plenty of businesses.
However, I have read quite a few...
January 22, 2009 at 6:26 am
Jeff, I'm sure you're part of the problem 😛
but hopefully more part of the solution!
January 22, 2009 at 6:20 am
Keep in mind the question is not do you want your current salary disclosed, meaning a change in the environment. The question is if you started a company or went...
January 22, 2009 at 2:35 am
I would hope that less and less emails are being printed. I worked with a company that got hundreds of faxes a day, and printed them out. After a few...
January 22, 2009 at 2:31 am
Congrats on that. I went self paced, completed mine sometime in 2007, and I'm not sure it matters, but it was nice to get it done.
Now I guess I should...
January 22, 2009 at 2:29 am
Thanks and hopefully people will see that spending time learning and building skills is worth it.
January 22, 2009 at 2:26 am
It will consume a bit, but you can filter down the events and columns pretty low, store the data on a file on a separate drive, etc. Use a server...
January 22, 2009 at 2:25 am
How is the data coming? IS it in SQL Server?
January 21, 2009 at 8:02 am
In 2005 there's a default trace (http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQL+Server+2005/64547/), but in 2000 you would have to have a server side trace running.
January 21, 2009 at 7:59 am
why use xp_cmdshell? I'd script this outside of SQL (VBScript/Powershell) and have the data inserted. Then you can easily call this from SQL Agent.
January 21, 2009 at 7:56 am
I think Michael means most people don't think.
January 21, 2009 at 7:54 am
or a horse?
I came to the conclusion the Dash was very poorly built. A 6" drop broke one. I've seen iPhones survive multiple falls from 3ft+, so I have my...
January 21, 2009 at 7:50 am
Why is verify history needed? I've never used this on the same server since backups are usually known quantities. It's on a DR server I might check since I don't...
January 21, 2009 at 7:23 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,501 through 25,515 (of 39,921 total)