Viewing 15 posts - 25,321 through 25,335 (of 39,921 total)
Moved to 2000 forum. Was too tired to do it last night 🙁
February 11, 2009 at 7:08 am
Wait until this Friday! I wonder what strangeness we'll get on the 13th!
February 11, 2009 at 7:03 am
I think you're right GSquared, not allowing the tools that come with the product is a little silly.
February 11, 2009 at 6:58 am
You can rerun setup and select "client tools".
Please use "I", "you", "your", etc, and not abbreviate "u", "i', etc. I might be old fashioned, but it is hard to read...
February 10, 2009 at 10:47 pm
yes, isql/osql were the predecessors of sqlcmd.
You can use Query Analyzer as well, but you can't use the right side object browser since that requires it's own connection.
February 10, 2009 at 10:45 pm
You can have parallelism, so potentially multiple threads serving one query.
For the memory issues, please start your own thread, but here are a few links:
February 10, 2009 at 10:44 pm
I haven't worked with VFP in some time, but the code for getting to VFP files and going to SQL Server wasn't much, if at all, different. You could have...
February 10, 2009 at 10:42 pm
A very good DBA can get by with SQLCMD (or isql/osql), but why should they? I loved QA, which required command line work, but it also gave me many features...
February 10, 2009 at 10:38 pm
Good to know I shouldn't scan clustered servers.
I think SQL and Exchange can be finicky. Exchange has some scanners built in for content, but I think I'd be happy to...
February 10, 2009 at 10:31 pm
What do you mean by suffer? Slow down because of load?
You transfer over log records, and that takes some overhead. Not much, very little, but there is some slight overhead...
February 10, 2009 at 10:27 pm
Apart from what Jack has asked, we do that here. Articles are versioned and we have an "active version" and then all previous versions. A field signifies which is the...
February 10, 2009 at 10:25 pm
Are you restoring to the same files? Creating this many files might take time.
Why so many files, out of curiosity? Seems like extreme overkill and an admin nightmare.
February 10, 2009 at 10:24 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,321 through 25,335 (of 39,921 total)