Viewing 15 posts - 25,186 through 25,200 (of 39,921 total)
Or I do!!!!! :w00t:
February 20, 2009 at 11:57 am
Very interesting.
SQL does mark the physical records in a heap, AFAIK, with something to be sure they are unique. I have heard before that the optimizer likes clustered indexes, so...
February 20, 2009 at 11:51 am
this help?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179316(SQL.90).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337560(SQL.90).aspx
February 20, 2009 at 11:43 am
Out of curiosity, where did that syntax come from (original post)? another platform or SQL version?
February 20, 2009 at 11:38 am
Not really. The backup runs as the service account, so it needs rights to get across the network.
Note that network backups are not recommended. If there's any network hiccup, the...
February 20, 2009 at 11:29 am
As many as you want.
I know there might be a max stored procedure byte count (or batch size), but apart from that, as many as you want.
How many do...
February 20, 2009 at 11:23 am
I'd experiment with the counts. I've had systems run better with 1000 than 10,000, but it's varied. Test a little, maybe for few batches and get timings.
February 20, 2009 at 11:05 am
How are you compiling as a script? Perhaps there's something in the script that gets left out. For example, a GO might terminate a batch, and let the rest of...
February 20, 2009 at 11:04 am
Please tell me it isn't a friend at a government agency or other place where security should be taken a bit more seriously.
February 20, 2009 at 11:00 am
I think serious-ness departed this thread long ago.
A long, long time ago, in a post far, far away....
February 20, 2009 at 10:58 am
Just venting, just venting, my friends. A good way to relieve some stress.
February 20, 2009 at 10:49 am
A broken URL has no answers today 🙁
However here's one I got in email:
For the record, the main reason to remove SPs that are surplus to requirements is to ensure...
February 20, 2009 at 10:33 am
Cynical indeed, though advanced education in CS doesn't necessarily mean that you know how to do anything in production.
However, I agree that this person, while possibly having trouble understanding, is...
February 20, 2009 at 10:13 am
How are you viewing this? Some apps might limit it there. TEXT should bring back the full value unless you are CASTing it somehow.
February 20, 2009 at 9:18 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,186 through 25,200 (of 39,921 total)