Viewing 15 posts - 25,156 through 25,170 (of 39,921 total)
I would almost consider this a waste of time. The restore will restore what's in the backup. If you are worried about your backup not containing the right objects, that...
February 23, 2009 at 12:58 pm
Gail, I smell a business opportunity in SA...
February 23, 2009 at 12:33 pm
I think I fixed it. There was a compression setting we were playing with to remove whitespace. Apparently it whacked the line feeds.
February 23, 2009 at 12:30 pm
Well that stinks.
Code test from here:
select *
from myTable
where Mycol = "test"
February 23, 2009 at 11:38 am
I could grab them from the DB. We won't add "download", but perhaps an "forward on to an email" would be nice.
The delete is a mess. You have to move...
February 23, 2009 at 11:36 am
People like "custom".
Let's have 4 editions of SQL
- Compact/Embedded
- Express/Free
- Developer
- Standard
then let us choose which features we want on Standard. We could have a chain of license keys,...
February 23, 2009 at 11:34 am
You don't need to create a proc, but I would. Makes it easier. Most things you can run from SQL Server, you could send through from Access as well.
you don't...
February 23, 2009 at 10:48 am
No effect. If you disable it, it will be the same as now, same password or now.
February 23, 2009 at 10:43 am
A trigger will do this, or you can read the log later if you buy a tool.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Security/sqlserverauditingpart1/1451/
February 23, 2009 at 10:39 am
I struggled through the Dune books. Much preferred the Foundation series.
If you want something newer, The Lost Fleet series is great, as it Helfort's War and the Clone series (Clone...
February 23, 2009 at 10:18 am
If you're interested, there's a discussion on this in our LinkedIn group as well
February 23, 2009 at 10:16 am
While I appreciate the information, there's no need to pile on. We'll award back all points to this time since the question has an error.
And as for the complaints,...
February 23, 2009 at 10:13 am
I've asked about the a la carte versions of SQL, but I think MS avoids that to prevent a nightmare of support issues. Which features do you have when you...
February 23, 2009 at 9:51 am
OK, upped the PM count to 200. I assume most people don't keep that many, but this should help Mr Moden at least 🙂
February 23, 2009 at 9:43 am
People can't post their own articles. They can submit them, but they're all reviewed.
February 23, 2009 at 9:33 am
Viewing 15 posts - 25,156 through 25,170 (of 39,921 total)