Viewing 15 posts - 25,036 through 25,050 (of 39,920 total)
Thanks for the responses and I wish I'd had a few of these on Tue in the MVP sessions. There were questions about what compelling things would get people to...
March 5, 2009 at 10:39 am
Lynn,
I agree and noted as much in my email. I did ask him/her to have a friend or two read through it and give an opinion.
March 5, 2009 at 10:33 am
I'd say BCP. use a format file.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa174646(SQL.80).aspx
March 5, 2009 at 10:29 am
Apologies for not getting in there sooner. I could see the heat coming through the wires from people's ears.
Supposedly this is an "MVP" as well. I suggested he post the...
March 5, 2009 at 10:22 am
We have a fix (I think) in test now. We're hoping to roll that out before too much longer.
March 5, 2009 at 10:21 am
same idea as here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164485
Set the variables, create the objects, make the call. ASP uses VBScript, so the code is the same, minus the <! stuff.
March 5, 2009 at 10:12 am
Jack,
Good thought on the rating. Not sure we can move that to a post level, but it's something to consider.
March 5, 2009 at 10:09 am
OK, my apologies for missing out on this for a few days. In Seattle I didn't have a lot of time for threads and didn't get to this one. I...
March 5, 2009 at 10:08 am
I'm not sure the blame list should be too small or infrequent. I want people trying things and growing, and that often requires mistakes. You don't want big mistakes, or...
March 5, 2009 at 10:07 am
Haven't seen it, but here's something: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5699448884004201579
March 5, 2009 at 9:40 am
Sorry a little out of touch and late in responding. I'm reviewing the other thread, and I have a complaint and explanation in my email from the OP.
Not sure what...
March 5, 2009 at 9:10 am
Mia,
Brent Ozar addresses some of this (http://www.brentozar.com/archive/2009/03/are-you-being-treated-fairly/) in his blog post.
If a manager doesn't appreciate what you've done, re-examine it and be sure that you have gone above and beyond....
March 5, 2009 at 9:03 am
Thanks for the update. I think scale out is an important thing to do.
March 4, 2009 at 10:02 pm
I was thinking Elmers. Seem to have too much of that around 🙂
The energy savings from those studs can be significant. They often show up on thermal scans.
March 4, 2009 at 10:01 pm
Angry Boy,
I sense some frustration, and I can definitely understand that. SSIS can be a bit annoying as you get used to it.
Does this help?
March 4, 2009 at 9:38 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,036 through 25,050 (of 39,920 total)