Viewing 15 posts - 24,916 through 24,930 (of 39,919 total)
It's threads which have had a post in the last 24 hours. I think we have some limit, 50,100, something like that for how many get in.
March 13, 2009 at 9:10 am
I don't see one around technet, but there is this one.
March 13, 2009 at 9:10 am
When you go with mirroring, the logs are moved, which means full recovery mode. If you truncate, you'd break mirroring.
Are you running log backups? You should be doing this to...
March 13, 2009 at 9:09 am
no better, in general. I hate to say it, but "it depends"
Do you get better performance on the local v remote? Maybe a SQL IOSIM to test some throughput and...
March 13, 2009 at 9:07 am
Ah, that button has been there a long time. Part of the editor for the forums.
March 13, 2009 at 9:00 am
Where do you see "Local Area Connection"? Isn't that in the control panel/networking?
There is a "Local Server Connection" I see. That typically, I think, uses "(local)" as the connection, which...
March 13, 2009 at 8:59 am
I'm torn here. I wouldn't be surprised if he got the job since most candidates can't answer those questions. At least not from the stories I hear.
So do we teach...
March 13, 2009 at 8:56 am
We are more than happy to help, but we want you to do a little work first. Go research those questions, search in Books Online. If you don't understand something...
March 13, 2009 at 8:46 am
New link??!? Ah, yeah...
see, we, ah...
no idea what you're talking about.
but I am glad it's working.
March 13, 2009 at 8:44 am
No offense intended, but we are in the "teach a person to write SQL" camp as opposed to the "give them the" SQL camp.
We want you to learn. If you...
March 13, 2009 at 8:32 am
First the backups from SQL going to disk and then tape is way more stable and BE. Issues like this are one reason that the agent with BE makes me...
March 12, 2009 at 9:02 pm
Moe the logical names, not the physical ones.
March 12, 2009 at 6:33 pm
There's definitely something wrong. Can you backup and restore the source without issues to itself?
March 12, 2009 at 5:41 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 24,916 through 24,930 (of 39,919 total)