Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 24,931 through 24,945 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Is a Temporary Table Really Necessary?

    SQL Server 2005 handles most code better, but not all.

    If you are having performance issues, I suggest you post a more details explanation in the SQL Server 2005 Performance Tuning...

  • RE: Keep It Simple

    jStiney,

    Thanks and while many experienced DBAs have something similar (I had one of these in 2000-2001), most people just run the maintenance plan and reindex often.

  • RE: xp_cmdshell

    I would recommend you try to get by without it. If you have questions about a specific thing you are planning, please start a new thread and see if there...

  • RE: Decrypt a stored procedure

    There are free utilities for 2000 on the Internet, but the algorithm changed in 2005. I have seen some utilities for sale, not none for free.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I'm just glad they're coming here instead of Google first 🙂

  • RE: Disable TDE

    How large is the db? might take time to undo encryption.

  • RE: The Vermillion Screen of Death (Raw Materials Comic Strip)

    Tom,

    That's great.

    Look for a new Raw Materials every Wed here.

  • RE: any way to briefcase forum topics?

    We are working on this now. Should be done soon.

  • RE: Keep It Simple

    Alvin Ramard (3/12/2009)


    KISS also stands for Keep It Sql Server

    🙂

    ROFL!:w00t:

  • RE: Keep It Simple

    Glad the ed got you to think.

    I wish we had more insight into power usage. I suspect that it's coming over time, but hard to get at times now.

    I found...

  • RE: XML XQuery problem

    If you want to run it in SSMS and get the answer, that's up to you. However that kind of defeats the purpose of the questions. You should make an...

  • RE: Using BackupExec vs Native SQL Backups

    I'd run native backups and let BackupExec grab those files and move them off. I never found the agents to be stable enough, and even 1% failure is too much.

  • RE: Importing EBCDIC

    Ugh, nightmares of working with EBCDIC. I don't envy you and I'm going to decline to dig in here. Always a pain.

  • RE: Guest Editorial: Improving Northwind

    David Reed (3/11/2009)


    even though he still thinks I'm a rude/ugly American with the manners of a goat

    😎

    Now that's interesting. I'd go with the Ugly American, us matching each other, but...

  • RE: Guest Editorial: Improving Northwind

    I'd be happy to host some project here. If someone wanted to start a sample, we could do it as an article, host the download, and then have someone modify...

Viewing 15 posts - 24,931 through 24,945 (of 39,919 total)