Viewing 15 posts - 19,906 through 19,920 (of 39,936 total)
If the backup completed, I don't think it's SQL Server. How is the file moved? Could there be something in there waiting on a response somehow? Some interactive thing?
Is this...
May 13, 2010 at 8:33 am
It should close quickly, but perhaps it doesn't close quick enough in your app. You don't need to disconnect. You can change context for the connection with a USE. Actually...
May 13, 2010 at 8:30 am
Gianluca,
Sorry, didn't see it. This thread sometimes grows too fast to keep up with. I just saw the last one with Celko in it.
May 13, 2010 at 8:25 am
Are you disconnecting in your code? Or do you issue a "use master"? Or are you making a new connection to the instance?
May 13, 2010 at 7:23 am
It would be great if you could post an update, Mike. The next person might have a similar issue.
May 13, 2010 at 7:16 am
hfxDBA (5/13/2010)
I don't see a...
May 13, 2010 at 7:15 am
Boy, I hate evals for this reason. I assume it's expired, correct?
Do these help? You might be stuck as they don't want you to keep installing evals on the same...
May 13, 2010 at 7:14 am
Wow, that's quite an abrupt statement. Especially with the signature!
May 13, 2010 at 6:58 am
If you run a backup on the server, it will land on the host companies drive. They ought to be able to, or you can, file copy that down.
If not,...
May 12, 2010 at 8:54 pm
Recovery normally runs when a database is first started or opened. Have you checked the error log (SQL error log) for entries?
May 12, 2010 at 8:53 pm
You should be able to uninstall completely from control panel, reboot, and then reinstall 2008 R2.
May 12, 2010 at 8:51 pm
Call PSS at Microsoft. They can help you work through this. If you have corruption, I hope you have backups somewhere else.
May 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm
Alvin beat me back over here. He answered me in email and said that his wife was working two jobs so he could hang out and drink mint juleps on...
May 12, 2010 at 3:11 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,906 through 19,920 (of 39,936 total)