Viewing 15 posts - 19,891 through 19,905 (of 39,936 total)
Thanks for all the wonderful comments and I do appreciate them. Good to hear that we are doing some things right.
I'll push on the search to get something better...
May 14, 2010 at 7:31 am
JC is completely different in person, over a glass of wine than on the forums. I'm not sure why he acts that way, though he does appear to have mellowed...
May 14, 2010 at 7:26 am
You want an outer join, but you will likely need to simplify your query and build it step by step.
First, don't use select *. Pick up specific fields, as...
May 13, 2010 at 4:29 pm
You can still get in with a ticket. Just buy one. If it's not worth $30 to you, then I understand, but this has to be funded somehow and the...
May 13, 2010 at 11:49 am
Depends on OS, but System Monitor/Performance Monitor, or Task Manager will show you activity.
Some other utlities here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb545046.aspx
May 13, 2010 at 9:19 am
Trey has a good point. SysInternals has some good tools for tracking handles on the OS side to see what's being used.
May 13, 2010 at 9:14 am
You are welcome, good luck, and let us know if you find something.
If it's a dev box, I'd be wary of load testing under VMs. You want to load test...
May 13, 2010 at 9:12 am
Scott-144766 (5/13/2010)
Most of my colourful descriptions of software are various shades of brown.
That is great. Good thing my coffee cup was empty so I didn't spit any on the monitor.
May 13, 2010 at 9:07 am
I did leave out the pool. I was thinking that your feet were in the blue, plastic, 6" wading pool sitting in front of you. Or did you get the...
May 13, 2010 at 9:05 am
Gianluca, you ought to play with the newer Hyper-V or VMWare systems. The hypervisors are world's beyond 6 years ago. The last 2-3 years have seen incredible performance improvements and...
May 13, 2010 at 9:03 am
I can picture it now, Alvin, on a low lawn chair, his butt 3" off the balcony, flip flops, bottle of rum, a few strawberries, and a blender on the...
May 13, 2010 at 8:59 am
Ha, me answering a thread isn't that amazing. At least I hope not. 😛
Dig into the VM and look for pressure in memory or IO and then work on that...
May 13, 2010 at 8:58 am
What's the code?
The move shouldn't lock of the server. That makes me suspect coincidence and there's another issue.
May 13, 2010 at 8:44 am
Grant's out today (my bad scheduling), but thanks for the responses.
I think that some of the experts do forget that it's tough at times, but all caps don't necessarily help....
May 13, 2010 at 8:43 am
How is the VM setup? On what software? That could be an issue, but VMs are machines like other machines. However the thing is that your sizing cannot be...
May 13, 2010 at 8:38 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,891 through 19,905 (of 39,936 total)