Viewing 15 posts - 19,636 through 19,650 (of 39,936 total)
June 9, 2010 at 11:16 am
Which ports do you mean? The ports the server is listening on? Configuration manager or the error log list these. Or are you looking for which ports a particular connection...
June 9, 2010 at 11:11 am
It would help if you explained how you are getting this data, show some code, and then explain what will happen. As Wayne mentioned, there are ways to do this,...
June 9, 2010 at 11:06 am
So Blandry, I'm confused, you're not an MVP because you don't know everything about a product? Or everything in some area? Or all technologies?
The award is a community award. It's...
June 9, 2010 at 11:03 am
I like Jeffrey's scheme. I do that as well, one maint plan for each "maint scheme". So one for system dbs (no t-log backup), one for user dbs that need...
June 9, 2010 at 11:00 am
Do they not have a unique index on tables? If so, adding a primary key would merely be changing that unique one to double duty as a PK. Not sure...
June 9, 2010 at 10:57 am
Probably should have one at 662, any ideas? Maybe "The Say Hey Kid"
The next level is 714, Right There with Babe.
June 9, 2010 at 10:47 am
Happy to elaborate:
I have an object/entity with 20 fields, perhaps some larger, varchar(max) or large char fields, that exits in one table. I build a clustered index, which is the...
June 9, 2010 at 10:42 am
Joe, thanks for the response, but I think you'd find many more people upset over a separate email than a short note.
We'll likely continue to do this, but I do...
June 9, 2010 at 10:32 am
June 9, 2010 at 10:25 am
Joe Howard (6/8/2010)
What I don't appreciate is the sales pitch...
June 8, 2010 at 11:38 am
think widely. I have had cases where we do store data in a table that is relevent to that entity, but is rarely queried. Keeping it in the same table,...
June 8, 2010 at 11:03 am
Thanks for the suggestions. Had a quiet dinner on Iberville last night and then a few hours in Harrahs' with a friend. Not sure what I'll do tonight.
The BI sessions...
June 8, 2010 at 10:45 am
Thanks for the note. I won't make it this time, but Andy Warren went and enjoyed it. I'll try to go when I come back in August.
June 8, 2010 at 6:55 am
In a source control session at SQL Saturday #22. Surprising that quite a few people don't use an VSC for their SQL Code.
What do you guys use? Manual versioning?
June 5, 2010 at 10:55 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,636 through 19,650 (of 39,936 total)