Viewing 15 posts - 19,561 through 19,575 (of 39,936 total)
I think that the sports fans do fine when they're separated. It seems when they're in the same physical location we have issues.
It is interesting to see how excited people...
June 15, 2010 at 9:35 am
Are the backups going through an Agent on Commvault? Or are these disk files being pulled to tape only?
I would certainly check with CommVault and be sure that you don't...
June 15, 2010 at 9:33 am
If they are clustered resources, then as George mentioned, they'll fail over. Is the backup drive 1 from Node 1 visible on Node2? It should be.
June 15, 2010 at 9:30 am
Andreas Jelvemark (6/15/2010)
I think it is just bad journalism that gets spread out because everyone...
June 15, 2010 at 9:28 am
It's likely they're just having all IT people sign one, regardless of job, just to prevent disclosure of IP related to the company.
I'd agree with others, most of the time...
June 15, 2010 at 9:06 am
How is he connecting? Is there a reason you didn't use his Windows account instead of a user/pwd?
June 14, 2010 at 9:48 am
Read about how it's done. here's a start: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/1269/
If someone calls a stored procedure with the query object and passes in something like:
"mystoredproc " + @param1
That's a good way to...
June 14, 2010 at 9:36 am
If you track down when the issue occurred, I'd look through IIS logs and try to find the pages that are vulnerable. Fi that code ASAP. Likely you have someone...
June 14, 2010 at 9:09 am
At first I was a little annoyed with the graphics since I have to type it in to test 😛
However I agree with Hugo. I think it encourages more learning....
June 14, 2010 at 8:58 am
As Gail mentioned, without logging hard to know what happened.
One thing I'd check is if you have triggers or cascading deletes enabled to see if this was someone trying to...
June 14, 2010 at 8:56 am
Looking good. I didn't see him, but like LeBron James, he has come in and started to show that he was worth the $$.
Now they need to get a few...
June 14, 2010 at 8:48 am
As much as I didn't like the MMC move from Enterprise Manager, I think SSMS was a mistake. It's got too much built in, with hidden non-modal windows getting lost,...
June 14, 2010 at 8:47 am
If you haven't seen Leverage, it's set in today's world, and they have amazing computers. Face recognition in a minute from a db scan, cloning cell phones, remote access to...
June 14, 2010 at 8:35 am
We do republish on Fridays and holidays. Perhaps we should do it more as plenty of people don't see every article, or are new to the site.
If the discussion brings...
June 14, 2010 at 8:30 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,561 through 19,575 (of 39,936 total)