Viewing 15 posts - 19,546 through 19,560 (of 39,936 total)
I's not difficult to manage the files, but in a crisis, it can be an issue. If you don't have the data on hand on the same backup tape, it...
June 16, 2010 at 8:09 am
There have been numerous quotes, quite a few in financial publications like this: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/d2f3f04e-6ccf-11df-91c8-00144feab49a.html
Google would have to put out a press release to deny this or they are manipulating stock...
June 16, 2010 at 8:07 am
I'd tend to agree with Jack. The abstracts that catch my eye more are ones that have specific details about what is being covered. Rather than general "troubleshooting with SQL...
June 15, 2010 at 4:46 pm
The "log" is a misnomer, IMHO. It's more of a change tracking file for the db than a log.
You shouldn't, in general, read the log. Especially now with auditing...
June 15, 2010 at 3:09 pm
I tend to agree. It seems that every game is making up for the previous ones. The officials seem to go back and forth between giving calls to the Celtics...
June 15, 2010 at 3:01 pm
I can see a GUID clustered if it's built on NewSequentialID() only.
June 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm
My pleasure, and good luck here. Not sure if I'd use the CTE for future versions here. If you are using it a lot, then it might be nice as...
June 15, 2010 at 2:51 pm
1. The performance hit for GUIDs is the size, and the fact that if this is clustered, you can create lots of page splits. I tend to agree with you....
June 15, 2010 at 2:40 pm
You don't put the variable in the view. You'd have:
CREATE VIEW tAdjustmentEx
as
SELECT
A.Id, D.AdjustmentHeaderId, A.AdjustmentDetailId,
D.TypeCode, A.MeasurementId, A.Value, A.Row
FROM tAdjustment AS A
INNER JOIN tAdjustmentDetail AS D
ON A.AdjustmentDetailId=D.Id
And then...
June 15, 2010 at 2:37 pm
Short answer: you can't turn off the log. That's part of how ACID principles are maintained and you have an intact database system, with the log.
So with that being the...
June 15, 2010 at 2:35 pm
I think you need to drop and recreate the login if it did not transfer. Did the SQL Server host get moved OK? Is the service account set to a...
June 15, 2010 at 12:18 pm
You could use something like bitlocker on Windows to encrypt the data, but other than a third party, there's no way to encrypt a SQL Server backup natively.
June 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm
A view would work. The WITH indicates a CTE, which is essentially a materialized view for that query.
You could use a derived table as well, however I think it's...
June 15, 2010 at 9:47 am
Backups used to be called dumps in SQL Server. As mentioned above, it's a backup.
June 15, 2010 at 9:44 am
No, You can add a password, but the files are not encrypted and can be read with a text editor.
June 15, 2010 at 9:43 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,546 through 19,560 (of 39,936 total)