Viewing 15 posts - 19,501 through 19,515 (of 39,936 total)
Is it just databases? Meaning do you have jobs, other server/instance level stuff?
You don't want to copy over master typically since it has local paths and machine specific settings, including...
June 21, 2010 at 10:29 am
The other DR issue is how quickly will the cloud provider respond when you are down? Having dealt with co-location facilities, the guy renting a rack is way down the...
June 21, 2010 at 10:18 am
I haven't watched this time, but it seems the last World Cup I watched when the official clock ended, there was an "extra time clock" that counted up. It didn't...
June 21, 2010 at 10:10 am
If they know, why not surface it on the TV? Or in the stadium? Why not have an official timekeeper handling that on the scoreboard?
I bet there are lots of...
June 21, 2010 at 9:54 am
Lynn Pettis (6/21/2010)
June 21, 2010 at 9:49 am
I think that there will be lots of movement to the cloud, much like we've seen email and web services move to cloud providers. However I don't share Ed's vision...
June 21, 2010 at 9:22 am
All referees will make mistakes. We see it here locally in our baseball games, see it in games on TV. I'd agree that without blatant bias, we let it go.
However,...
June 21, 2010 at 9:16 am
I missed the different columns for each. Apologies.
If this is a one time thing, I wonder if you can get this done, and tested, in 2-3 hours. In 2-3 hours,...
June 21, 2010 at 9:07 am
If they are delimited, you can load them with BCP, but likely you just want to use a loop to do this.
SSIS is not that hard to use, and...
June 19, 2010 at 2:21 pm
I'm with David. There's no direct way to do this and create tables. To a large extent, this is why SSIS exists. Why can't you use that?
If the tables are...
June 18, 2010 at 5:30 pm
Greg Edwards-268690 (6/18/2010)
Steve Jones - Editor (6/18/2010)
For one to 12? Rounds trip to the server? Wouldn't it be easier to hard code these in? AFAIK, months don't change often.
Wouldn't the...
June 18, 2010 at 5:23 pm
We got COLA raises, small ones this year. Slightly more last year.
June 18, 2010 at 1:06 pm
If we are truly going to implement those months, some of which I really like, I guess we'd want a table. After all, who knows when we will have Celebrate-Texting-Month...
June 18, 2010 at 1:03 pm
You've done a good job from the description. I'm not sure what else you can do, other than look to move on.
I've been in a similar situation, although I didn't...
June 18, 2010 at 11:50 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,501 through 19,515 (of 39,936 total)