Viewing 15 posts - 19,456 through 19,470 (of 39,936 total)
Have you tried this? I wonder if it will work. Once you go to simple mode, you should be breaking the recovery chain. I am unsure if that will break...
June 24, 2010 at 12:06 pm
I think this is a journalist trying for reads, and getting excited about this "nosql" movement that seems to power the largest web companies out there. However I think he's...
June 24, 2010 at 10:59 am
Sorry, I was thinking that Paul had deleted the MDF to bring about a suspect state.
Sure enough, deleting a file doesn't work for me. The database comes up on...
June 24, 2010 at 10:54 am
jcrawf02 (6/24/2010)
June 24, 2010 at 10:48 am
If possible, I'd also wrap any deletes in a transaction, along with a test to see if things work before you commit the transaction.
June 24, 2010 at 10:45 am
I know some people post that Diskkeeper (and similar tools) work fine with SQL Server, but I've always been nervous about anything accessing the SQL files while they're in use....
June 24, 2010 at 10:44 am
The compression is a CPU hit, but if you look at what happens with SQL Backup (Red Gate) or Litespeed (Quest), there is a CPU jump as well. SQL uses...
June 24, 2010 at 10:42 am
Is it the same time every day? Have you checked scheduled tasks in Windows?
June 23, 2010 at 1:30 pm
If you can rebuild the clustered indexes, just do that. Indexdefrag should work as well. Here's a whitepaper that might help you decide which is better for you: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc966523.aspx
June 23, 2010 at 1:28 pm
Congrats to all the candidates, and I think they're all worthy.
June 23, 2010 at 1:28 pm
Here are some instructions.
http://www.sqlskills.com/BLOGS/PAUL/post/Disaster-recovery-101-backing-up-the-tail-of-the-log.aspx
Suspect mode is not necessarily corruption. You'd want to remove the a file and then startup the server to move it into suspect mode.
June 23, 2010 at 11:12 am
Why are you trying to force suspect mode?
June 23, 2010 at 9:41 am
Use the configuration manager to set the service account for all SQL Services. It will ensure the correct permissions.
June 23, 2010 at 9:39 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,456 through 19,470 (of 39,936 total)