Viewing 15 posts - 19,471 through 19,485 (of 39,936 total)
I'm not sure that I completely understand you, given what you've written. Did you say that you added a data file to the database on an external drive and then...
June 23, 2010 at 8:51 am
You'll need to stop SQL 2000 or you can see some slowdowns. You'll also want to internally defrag the tables once the disk is done as things will have moved...
June 23, 2010 at 8:47 am
Quite fitting with today's editorial.
June 23, 2010 at 8:34 am
Is this soccer stuff over today?
June 23, 2010 at 8:30 am
Human's definitely need training as well, but despite the failings we have at times with them, I still think they they need to be involved in decisions more. Things like...
June 23, 2010 at 8:28 am
Do you mean that the virtual drive is fragmented on the physical one or that inside the virtual drive it appears to be fragmented?
We usually don't defragment drives often when...
June 23, 2010 at 8:21 am
Check if you are synchronous or asynchronous with mirroring. If the connection is slow, synch mirroring can slow down the primary a little.
The transactions that are sent to your local...
June 22, 2010 at 10:05 pm
Here's what I'd do. Create a new local account. Then us the Configuration Manager to set this as the account for SQL Agent. You don't want to use Control Panel...
June 22, 2010 at 9:54 pm
Are you an administrator?
Did you check the Event Logs for Windows, especially the security log?
June 22, 2010 at 6:13 pm
I'd argue against Craig saying that often the business doesn't know what the best use of this data is. Or how it will be used with an extremely high degree...
June 22, 2010 at 10:28 am
Sorry, Gail, looks like SA is not moving on in the World Cup.
🙁
June 22, 2010 at 10:01 am
I'm not sure Adam's post was much worse than I've seen for a few others. However I do appreciate a few of you taking over my role and trying to...
June 22, 2010 at 10:00 am
June 22, 2010 at 9:57 am
I posted before, but I'd take a look at this book: Drive
and check out this short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc&feature=player_embedded
It has been shown that incentives for creative people, like IT, results in...
June 22, 2010 at 9:54 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,471 through 19,485 (of 39,936 total)