Viewing 15 posts - 19,441 through 19,455 (of 39,936 total)
PASS. No interest in flying 64 hours to ski for a couple days.
Send me pix, I'm happy to wait for Oct here. I went Oct 25 last year.
June 25, 2010 at 9:19 am
The identity is not guarenteed to be unique. You can insert values into the identity column with SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON. They could possibly be duplicates.
June 25, 2010 at 9:17 am
WayneS (6/24/2010)
Maybe we ought to send Steve out skiing more often?
Yes, yes, yes, though I'm afraid that will have to wait for a few months. I'll be looking to disappear...
June 24, 2010 at 6:37 pm
David has a good list, but I'd also add in that you need a variety of skill levels in the team. There are always sh*t jobs, or boring jobs, and...
June 24, 2010 at 5:10 pm
If I understand, you have replication running, moving data from 6 separate servers/instances to 1 (or 6) other servers?
Replication typically is fairly low load. Can you explain what isn't working?...
June 24, 2010 at 4:43 pm
It's not insane. The switch to simple mode does the same thing. If you were able to run the backup with truncate (or no_log), you are still breaking the recovery...
June 24, 2010 at 3:18 pm
Everything I know about mirroring says that if you go to simple, you have to rebuild the mirror. You can switch to bulk mode, but once you truncate the log,...
June 24, 2010 at 3:13 pm
Temp tables with one # are visible to your session only.
Those with ## (Create table ##Temp) are visible to all sessions
June 24, 2010 at 2:24 pm
Typically the client code is in a batch so
declare @id int
insert Table1 select @myval
set @id = scope_identity()
insert table2 select @id, @mynewval
You don't need to Exec() the SQL is you store...
June 24, 2010 at 1:21 pm
I'd concur with Lowell's thoughts. Start a thread with the performance issue, include an exec plan.
For the backup, restore it somewhere to check, but it should be fine.
AND you...
June 24, 2010 at 1:02 pm
How are you inserting the values? Can you show some code? Typically you don't set values like you did in the trigger as it means you can't handle multiple inserts...
June 24, 2010 at 12:59 pm
Databases don't access databases. Clients do.
I'm not sure what you mean.
June 24, 2010 at 12:58 pm
It could help, at the expense of maintaining the view as data changes. Depending on your read v write, this can be a big deal or not a big deal.
You...
June 24, 2010 at 12:58 pm
Is that all that's returned? Can you show more code?
June 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,441 through 19,455 (of 39,936 total)