Viewing 15 posts - 19,411 through 19,425 (of 39,936 total)
Typically a DR machine, which an in between instance might qualify for, is not charged as a license. Check with MS on your situation.
You can log ship as STANDBY (allow...
June 28, 2010 at 3:26 pm
There are some applications, like Access, that can lock and hold an entire table. I would follow Gail's suggestion and check for blocking.
June 28, 2010 at 3:25 pm
I concur with the question about Windows Scheduler above. The notification, error handling, etc. is much more robust in SQL Server Agent.
June 28, 2010 at 3:24 pm
There are a couple things I can think of.
Log shipping will work, but you need an automated method of ensuring the restores are only done at night. Not sure if...
June 28, 2010 at 1:12 pm
A similar post today from the SQL Rockstar (http://thomaslarock.com/2010/06/community-communication/)
June 28, 2010 at 1:01 pm
Not questioning the way things are done according to the rules now. I am questioning why we don't have different rules in the World Cup? I know the guy can't...
June 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm
Yes, an ALT text issue. That is annoying.
We bought this forum code, and there are some issues, but we're stuck with it for now.
June 28, 2010 at 12:49 pm
Can you post a URL? I don't see that at all
June 28, 2010 at 9:58 am
It could be. Good catch, Kevin.
June 28, 2010 at 9:57 am
It wasn't communicated to me either! This thread was the first that I and Phil Factor had heard of it.
Supposedly something coming out today or tomorrow from the responsible parties.
June 28, 2010 at 9:31 am
I have asked for this to be clearer, but there is a link in "My Account" to the "Forum Control Panel" as well.
June 28, 2010 at 9:26 am
It is incredibly annoying to the editor here as well. I have tried to get a replacement, but it has so little priority compared to other things, I'm stuck with...
June 28, 2010 at 9:09 am
This is a bug in the system. We are republishing this on that date in the newsletter. As noted on the page, it was first published in the past.
This is...
June 28, 2010 at 9:08 am
FWIW, Kev, it wasn't the subscription fees for SO/SE, it was the threat of them closing us down. Joel & Jeff have taken VC money and started to push various...
June 28, 2010 at 9:06 am
I'm completely out of the loop. Apparently my boss moved the site without letting us know, somehow thinking it would be seemless.
There's a moderation thread up there now, and I'm...
June 28, 2010 at 9:04 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,411 through 19,425 (of 39,936 total)