Viewing 15 posts - 19,336 through 19,350 (of 39,936 total)
I don't see it in BOL, but it should be in Inside SQL Server (Delaney) and show that all fixed length data comes first, then offsets to var columns on...
July 1, 2010 at 9:30 am
This has been my experience. Delete the plan, the job goes away. It does in 2008 , SP1, just tried it.
July 1, 2010 at 9:25 am
This is huge, and I'd recommend you format it so it can be better read. Put the joins on separate lines, the FROM, the WHERE, etc.
In terms of your execution...
July 1, 2010 at 9:23 am
Gethyn is correct. There is advice from various sources, including SQL CAT, that you restore each backup, each day, to a test machine to ensure it will work. I think...
July 1, 2010 at 9:00 am
TDE protects from physical access to the files if SQL is down. If you detach/attach files, they are safe.
You can't run TDE on laptops practically. It's in Enterprise Edition only...
July 1, 2010 at 8:38 am
As mentioned, it's hard to say. I've had lots of SQL 2000 servers that ran on dedicated machines with 2GB or 4GB of RAM. SQLServerCentral served thousands of clients from...
July 1, 2010 at 8:26 am
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/TopicSubscriptions1.aspx
Click control panel to the upper left, then scroll down to find forum, and topic, subscriptions. There's also a contact us link on the menu to the left.
June 30, 2010 at 10:04 pm
I like the idea of the cloud, but as a private, secured set of services inside my walls. Deploying to a cloud, without having to worry about a particular server,...
June 30, 2010 at 10:02 pm
Her is the link for the book from MS that can help: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/microsoft_press/archive/2010/04/14/free-ebook-introducing-microsoft-sql-server-2008-r2.aspx
Please don't upload books from someone else, like MS.
June 30, 2010 at 10:00 pm
Agree
Agree
Agree
Now if I had someone to make a few changes and test them. This is a relatively low priority item, but I do agree that these are some changes that...
June 30, 2010 at 9:57 pm
Jeff Moden (6/30/2010)
david_wendelken (6/30/2010)
It's also easier to comment out a line starting with a comma when debugging.
Actually, it's not. It's only easier to comment out the last line with...
June 30, 2010 at 4:15 pm
I've typically used a domain account, no rights (except Everyone or what the service specifically needs on the network). I don't think there's a fundamental reason to do this over...
June 30, 2010 at 3:55 pm
You don't need a dedicated machine, but you need one up and running all the time. SQL is a service, like Exchange. Responds to network requests, sends data back and...
June 30, 2010 at 3:53 pm
Please do not request, not ask for materials that are under NDA. To study for an exam, use public materials or books, but do not ask someone to get you...
June 30, 2010 at 1:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,336 through 19,350 (of 39,936 total)