Viewing 15 posts - 19,246 through 19,260 (of 39,936 total)
You can also create a performance alert: http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/1498781/SQL-Server-Agent---Creating-Performance-Condition-Alerts-on-Database-Server-Objects.htm
If you take something from a blog, please give credit to the source. Someone else wrote this, so ensure they get the credit...
July 11, 2010 at 8:58 am
I haven't seen this, but it looks like a CPU bottleneck. Do you have parallelism enabled (MAXDOP)? Is the CPU saturated when this occurs?
July 11, 2010 at 8:55 am
Log space cannot be reused until a transaction is committed and a checkpoint run. If you have one large transaction, it prevents reuse of the log file.
Setting to simple, do...
July 11, 2010 at 8:53 am
This scenario isn't clear at all. What do you mean attributes sharing? ARAIK, Attributes are not a term that is defined as a particular thing in SQL Server. Do you...
July 11, 2010 at 8:51 am
Also, for "first" to you mean lowest numerical value? SQL Server has no concept of the ordering of rows, so you need to be clear about which one of the...
July 11, 2010 at 8:47 am
Rocks win another 4 in a row! Amazing, we're now a game out of first in NL West and barely a mention by ESPN.
All-star game, remain an exhibition. Ultimately it...
July 11, 2010 at 8:31 am
I don't think that this is the error you get when SQL authentication is turned off. If you check on the Security tab of the Properties for this SQL Server,...
July 11, 2010 at 8:24 am
I like DaniSQL's list, might add some storage knowledge as well (SAN/fiber/disk performance)
July 9, 2010 at 5:25 pm
You could also reuse this on DB1, let it also then send out alerts for itself.
Sounds like a good solution.
July 9, 2010 at 4:47 pm
Congrats, Jeff. Looking forward to meeting you as well
July 9, 2010 at 4:32 pm
sing4you (7/9/2010)
dbowlin (7/9/2010)
I am not sure whether to attach a 🙂 or...
July 9, 2010 at 3:49 pm
I can't find anything that mentions it. I think it's 50-50 it works.
Do you have a dev environment that dups your setup? I'd get one setup, even in VMs, and...
July 9, 2010 at 11:24 am
What type of replication?
Some info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms151870%28v=SQL.90%29.aspx
July 9, 2010 at 10:57 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,246 through 19,260 (of 39,936 total)