Viewing 15 posts - 19,231 through 19,245 (of 39,936 total)
I added my thoughts to the thread. I think the guy/gal was humble enough, admitting he was in over his head there. I am hoping, with my best effort, that...
July 11, 2010 at 8:39 pm
Here's a skeleton, though as Alvin mentioned, if you don't understand Books Online, you are in for a rough time. Please get someone to help you go over the structure...
July 11, 2010 at 8:37 pm
In my example, I hadn't built a PK, but you can add one to ProductSection. Or a constraint to prevent duplicates. Not sure a PK matters.
In terms of taxes/registers. My...
July 11, 2010 at 12:43 pm
I would agree triggers sound bad.
You have a process here, and you are storing data, not calculating on the fly, so likely there isn't something built into SQL Server for...
July 11, 2010 at 9:48 am
Trigger will fire for each batch update. So depending on how SSIS updates the tables, you might end up slowing the package.
If you have a datechanged for each row, you...
July 11, 2010 at 9:33 am
Pick up a copy of Inside SQL Server. One of those books has a great section on locking and lock escalation.
This help? http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlserverstorageengine/archive/2006/05/17/lock-escalation.aspx
July 11, 2010 at 9:30 am
The view is easier in terms of future development. It would be easy for someone to forget this in developing new procs, or you to miss one, and end up...
July 11, 2010 at 9:29 am
If it was recently, the default trace should capture this.
July 11, 2010 at 9:25 am
I don't see a place you're storing the profit. Is that correct?
If you aren't storing it, why do you need to calculate it after a load? Usually a client requests...
July 11, 2010 at 9:21 am
yes and no.
If you had
Begin Transaction
......
update x
update y
update x
....
This is one transaction. You can also have Implicit transactions turned on (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188317.aspx). If that's the case, then each statement starts a...
July 11, 2010 at 9:18 am
A couple questions:
Is tax specific (1:1) to a product and register? Or just a product? Meaning if I went to a different register could I potentially have different tax? If...
July 11, 2010 at 9:17 am
Which attribute/element are you looking for? Can you give a little more detail?
Does this help? http://www.lockergnome.com/sqlsquirrel/2008/05/23/how-to-turn-imported-xml-into-a-relational-format-in-sql-server-2005/
I think you might need to import this into a temp/staging table and then query...
July 11, 2010 at 9:05 am
It's not clear, and part of it is language. That's OK, but what I'm wondering, is how things are linked and what is the timing here.
Can you give an example,...
July 11, 2010 at 9:02 am
I completely agree, without support, there is no empowerment. I think management here should "guide" the employee with support, but also provide the check that this might not be worth...
July 11, 2010 at 9:01 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,231 through 19,245 (of 39,936 total)